Dish Network

/ Dish Network #1  

coachgrd

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1870
I live in the northwestern PA area. I have Dish Network. I am assigned Fox Sports Pittsburgh. There might not be a station I dislike more, being a Browns fan. Anyone know how I might get them to switch me to Fox Sports Ohio and perhaps even get them to provide me with the local Cleveland stations rather than Fox Sorts Pgh? Just wondering if any of you had similiar issues and had them resolved.

/ Dish Network #2  
Have you called them?? G

/ Dish Network #3  
As a Dish Network dealer since 99 I can tell you that the black out rules and DMA (designated market areas) are a pain in the rear. Dish Does offer a Fox Sports package for $4.99, where you can get just about every FOX sports channel. Again, you are still subject to the black out rules-so you will get little in the way of Professional Sports. You could always try it out for a month or two and if you don't like it all you have to do is drop it from you package line up ($5 downgrade fee).

As a side note for Dish Network Customers- they have improved there upgrade policy for customers wanting to add an additional or replacement receiver. Now for either $50, or $99 (depending on what you qualify for) , you get a choice of a standard receiver, DVR (digital video recorder-like TIVO)$4.98 mo. fee, or HD (High Definition) Receiver $9.99 HD pak, and this includes installation. If your wanting to add an additional receiver as a third reciever the upgrade includes the quad LNBF ($149 value) at no charge. Check with Dish Network or your orginal installing retailer for details.

Daryl
Dish Works

/ Dish Network #4  
You might want to jump over to one of the dbs forums and ask. There are ways that may work for you. It's been done.

Dave.

/ Dish Network #5  
Have you ever thought about going with the older, full size dish? I'm in Indiana and a Red Sox fan and found that I could get most any Sox game I wanted with one of those. I would pick them up either on New England Sports Network (NESN). Many times when home games were not televised in the Boston area I could pick them up on the visiting team's home network or, if it was just a local broadcast in their market I could pick up the 'backhaul' from Fenway to the other local station for broadcast there.

Backhauls are a wonderful way to pick up sporting events if you have the big dish. The Sox might be playing a team from as close as Baltimore or as far as the west coast at Fenway and the visiting team's home station will broadcast the game in their home town. They have to send that signal back to their station and I pick it up the same way they do. The only difference is that I don't add the commercials so while commercials are being run I get the 'off-camera' stuff no one else sees. Sometimes that can be the most entertaining commentary of the night, too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you already have Dish Network and just want to try for the backhaul stuff you wouldn't even need to subscribe to anything with the large dish if you're just going to use it to get backhaul feeds. I know it's more electronics and wiring in your home, but if you love your Cleveland teams like I love the Sox, it'll be worth it to you.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Dish Network #6  
<font color="blue"> Have you ever thought about going with the older, full size dish? </font>

I believe that is called "C" band. My S-I-L use to have one and they got everything and then some. G

/ Dish Network #7  
Daryl -- Why do they need your social security number when you sign up? I don't mind sharing that info with a bank or employer...but Dish Network?

Because of our hills and several majestic trees I can mount a Direct TV dish on the side of the house, but the Dish dish has to go on a post in the front yard where it will have to be cleared of snow. With Dish I get free local channels. With Direct TV they're an additional $5 per month.

But what's up with the SSN? Pete

/ Dish Network #8  
Have you considered just giving up the browns and selecting a better team? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, I'm not a ball sports kind of guy at all, so I'm just kidding you. I did just get Dish network, but I got it so I could get OLN for complete coverage of the Tour De france (france lower case on purpose). WHAT GREAT COVERAGE. The only downside is now I am in tour withdrawl. Only 11 months to go till TOUR DAY! And undoubtably the 7th win of Armstrong! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Dish Network #10  
<font color="blue"> Daryl -- Why do they need your social security number when you sign up? I don't mind sharing that info with a bank or employer...but Dish Network?
</font>

Hi Pete,

I just changed over to Direct TV, and they pulled the same thing on me. They said they have to run a credit check before they can install the system. I refused to give them my SSN, so they said they would run a charge of $50 on my Visa, and if that went through they would apply the charge to my first months bill. So basically they want to know if you can afford the system before they bring it out to install it.

PS. They installed mine, so I guess they think I can afford it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif