Extra tax this week

/ Extra tax this week #1  

daedong

Veteran Member
This came in the mail today not happy /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 478669-expiation.jpg
    478669-expiation.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 414
   / Extra tax this week #2  
Maybe you shouldn't have deleted ICQ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Extra tax this week #3  
Vin,

Whoops! Looks like they got you.

I keep waiting to get one for the lights around here. Some of the nereby cities have all these cameras setup at lights to catch those that run them.
The problem is that some of the lights are so short I worry that I will get caught mid light, since I am big and slow sometimes with my one ton pickup and a trailer.

This is not progress IMHO. I fear the driver is money and not public safety in some cases.

Fred

/ Extra tax this week #4  
So in American money what is that fine? Like only 12-cents, right?!?

OK seriously the photo police? They take pictures of you and send you fines in the mail? I've heard of that here in some of the big cities where people run stop signs. But I think the fines are typically about $75 in this area. Do they supply you a picture when they mail the fine to prove that it was YOU in the car as opposed to the lovely Mrs Daedong or one of the Daedong offspring? Or even to prove that the car was not borrowed by a neighbor or relative? I guess what I am asking is do they fine the owner of the car or do they fine the operator?

Of course, in Indiana we would shoot those cameras with bullets thus eliminating the proof. . .

/ Extra tax this week #5  
We were in Alberta a few years back. Came around a curve, and there was a polieman, outside of his car, pointing a combo radar gun/camera. Fortunately I was going the speed limit...

Running around up there, a big annoyance was my US speedometer had MPH and KPH. But... the odometer sat right dead square in the middle of the most used part of the KPH portion of the speedometer. Anything between about 45kph and 70kph was a rough estimation. I had the camper on the truck, and was taking it easy, so wasn't too big of an issue.

/ Extra tax this week #6  
I got a ticket a couple weeks ago, for going the speed limit... well sort of. I was on the highway, going the 65mph limit(66mph per CHP). Oh, I had the tractor on the trailer behind me too. Around here, freeway speed is 65mph, unless towing(big truck, auto with trailer). Then, it is 55mph.

So, he nailed me. I saw him come on the freeway, but thought nothing of it; people around me were passing me... I zoned out about the 55mph while towing thing/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Worst part, is while he wrote up the ticket, I saw 20 vehicles towing, obviously going at leat 65mph+. A few days later, as I towed at 55mph, a minivan with a small travel trailer passes me like I'm standing still. A CHP on a motorcycle just cruised past him /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif x

/ Extra tax this week
As owner we are responsible for the cars actions. There is some sort of right of appeal if you were not the driver. Here in oz it's a boody joke, purely tax collection. Cameras are every were, stop lights have both speed cameras as well as for running a red light, so most times you cop 2 finds. They, the cops sit in unmarked cars just about all the time. We also have a demerit system lose 12 points in 36 months you auto lose your license. This offense will lose 3 points

/ Extra tax this week #8  
Red light cameras are such a money maker in MD that many cities are installing them as sources of revenue! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They don't assess points to your license and treat it as a civil penalty as long as you pay the fine- about $85. That's how they get around the legal stuff.

-JC

/ Extra tax this week #9  
RobertN,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Around here, freeway speed is 65mph, unless towing(big truck, auto with trailer). Then, it is 55mph. )</font>

Where were you?

I've noticed on the stretch of I-80 50 miles west of you there is *always* someone towing a motorcycle, JetSki, offroad Jeep, or some sort of toy on a trailer running with the big boys in the fast lane, certainly over 70 mph and often up to 85. I would expect these guys are so obvious that they would be ticketed immediately but I've never seen one pulled over.

I wonder if you were driving on one of those 100% enforcement days they were talking about, to get that special attention. Bummer, in any case.

/ Extra tax this week #10  
Ya know, they make special license plates to defeat photo radar.

They are legal in the US as far as I know.

How they work is the plastic material only allows veiwing of the tag number from a limited angle, something like 25 degrees.

If the cameras are set at any more of an angle than that, the number is obscured.