Traded up to a Silverado

/ Traded up to a Silverado #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Well, after less than a year I traded my trusty little Dodge Dakota for a full-sized half-ton pickup. The Dakota couldn't handle a plow, and after the bitter cold of last winter I wasn't looking forward to spending hours immobile on the Kubota at minus 30 this winter. Found an '02 Chevy work truck with a 350, auto, cruise, air, CD, limited slip diff, 4x4 etc with 24k miles on it. Rides well, and looks pretty straightforward.

And the best part is it holds 50 bales of hay at a time as opposed to the little Dakota's max load of 22 bales!

Pete

/ Traded up to a Silverado #2  
2003 dakota
2004 1/2ton chevy
2005 1 ton Ford
2006 Peterbuilt /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Congrats on the new (to you) truck

/ Traded up to a Silverado #3  
Are you sure it has a 350? I thought by '02 everything had been updated to the Silverado bodystyle (doing away w/ the old C/K series) and everything then either had the 4.3 V6, 4.8 V8, 5.3 V8, 6.0 V8, or the 8.1 V8 - or obviously the Duramax.

Is it 1500, 2500, or 3500? Ooops, guess I see that it is a 1500.

In the half only the 4.3, 4.8, & 5.3 are available. Except for the 1500HD which I believe has the 6.0.

/ Traded up to a Silverado #4  
BTW, congrats. You'll love it. I really like my '99 and I've used (and abused) the crap out of it. Still runs like new at 82k. Doesn't use any oil and I average 19 - 20 MPG with the 5.3, ext. cab, & 4X4. I just wish I had the 4th door available in 2k. Should've waited a few months as the dealership ordered my truck on the last day you could order '99s.

/ Traded up to a Silverado #5  
Isn't the 5.3 roughly a 350 ? Maybee not.....I forgot there was anything BUT the Duramax !!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Traded up to a Silverado #6  
5.7 liters is the equivalent of the 350 cu in. Ford had the 5.8L which was the 351 cu in.

/ Traded up to a Silverado #7  
The 5.3 is 327ci. Though I don't think it is the 327 that made its name in the Camaros and such in the late 60s. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Traded up to a Silverado #8  
What ever happened to those around 2000 that they made in the 350 SS and 454 SS ?? Those were pretty slick. Boondox congrats and I hope it gives you a lot of good mileage. I've had great luck with GM and Ford. The Jury's still out on the Hemi as it only has 10k on it.

/ Traded up to a Silverado #9  
Man, is time slippin' away from you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You had better sit down and relax for awhile. Those were actually from the late 80s -early 90s.

They are now making a Silverado SS though. Half ton with the 6.0.

/ Traded up to a Silverado #10  
I think I still had hair back then ! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif