Husky Wood Splitters

/ Husky Wood Splitters #1  

engineer

Tractor
L3710, BX 2200, Pac-Trac PT-2400
Any one familiar with the Husky line of wood splitters from Tractor Supply. Quality? Reliability? Service from TSC if required under warranty? Cost compared to other brands?

The Hydraulic tank for an axle does not excite me terribly, but, I have noticed that a majority of the splitters manufactured today have the tank as an axle.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

engineer

/ Husky Wood Splitters #2  
engineer.

Do I assume were talking about the company named Huskee (different spelling)?
I personally don't have one but the neighbor has been very happy with his.
Not sure if log splitters are going the way of lawn tractors (MTD makes almost all of them), but I'm looking for a new splitter and I can't tell who makes it. The brocure says it's New Holland, the company on the splitter is something different (I can't recall the name) and the dealer told me it's the exact same one you would buy at TSC, HD, Lowes... just under a different name.
Can anyone clear this up for me?

/ Husky Wood Splitters
You are correct, my bad on the spelling.
Was recently looking at the specs for a Cub Cadet splitter, nearly identical to the Huskee. Was told the Cub Cadet was manufacturered by MTD.

Features of the splitter that I am interested in is hydraulic flow (gpm?) and single or two stage hydraulic pumps.

Thanks,
engineer

/ Husky Wood Splitters #4  
My dad has been using their 20 ton for 3-4 years?
This man can tear anything up!!
He is retired, so he does split more often..more free time.
I just yesterday bought the 22 ton Huskee from TSC.
If it will last my dad it surley will serve me well.

Now where to find a wood furnace for my shop?
TSC had them, but just a bit big for my needs.
Gene

/ Husky Wood Splitters #5  
I have a 23-ton 5.5 HP MTD splitter that has split over 50 cord of oak/maple so far this year. It has been flawless. It has the hydraulic tank as the axle. I regularly haul it arounf behind the tractor with no problems. It is very solid. The spin-on hydraulic filter is a very commonly available part. My only complaint is the log supports on either side of the beam should have been made from heavier stock. They are both bent up now. But doesn't effect the operation. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif