Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice.

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice.
Henro it may have worked well because a few electrical contact cleaner sprays used carbon tetrachloride also called tetrachloromethane. This very same chemical was also used by the dry cleaning industry.

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #22  
PineRidge,
One thing I do that makes me not feel too bad about ruining a pair of jeans is to buy the $10-15 ones att Wally world. They wear just as long as Levi's for me, and I can afford to ruin more of them /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #23  
First of all, I know that any time spent with the tractor or under a car WILL result in me getting smeared, dripped on or worse. With that in mind, I have clothing that is reserved for that sort of thing. I don't try to see how dirty I can get, but I don't worry about it either. It's much less stressful that way.....................chim

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #24  
Idon't understand the problem,I get the cloths dirty throw them in the cloths basket,get clean ones out of closet. cleaning is the wifes job right /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #25  
Have you considered working in the nude. That way all you have to do is use hand (and body) cleaner to get all the grease off of you. You can shower outside under cold water and that should make the wife real happy. Just remember that if you work like a horse, dress like a horse, you can get two weeks off with hay.... More sage advise from the Junkman.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #26  
We've used Brakekleen at times; seems to work well on most fabrics.

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #27  
so far great advice: not sure about "BOB" getting stuff out of his school girls uniform!?!? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but the brake cleaners work like a charm usually .99/can or 2.59 for the big can. also use DAWN dish soap as a soaking agent after removing most of it. (my bigger prob is HELPING someone when I'm cleaned up... I use WORK CLOTHS most days and don't worry much as I buy 10 sets for 65 bucks! http://www.usedworkclothing.com is where I get mine... anyhow I am not a GREASE magnent but I'm a babe magnet ! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif too many women too little NIGHTS /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol (and if ya belive that I ahve some Ocean front property here in Ohio to sell ya! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MarkM /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #28  
Hey, TCE, MEK, PCB, XYZPDQ.... all that "good" stuff is gone now! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #29  
Carbon tet was bad stuff, trichlor not so bad, probably about like Acetone, but won't blow you up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Still have a gallon of pure trichlor I use for cleaning circuit boards and the like. Only use it when I have to since I can't get any more. When I bought it about 15 yrs ago it was about $60 per gallon , far to expensive to clean clothes with.

Ben

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #30  
<font color="blue"> so far great advice: not sure about "BOB" getting stuff out of his school girls uniform!?!? </font>

You know, I go away for a couple days and come back and find stuff like this and you wonder why I need to send a bill to Junkman for therapy!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Well the real story is in the archives, it dates back to sometime early last summer when I dumped some diesel and it soaked through my jeans and into my undies. While the jeans ended up hanging outside, the shorts got into the washing machine with MY DAUGHTER's Catholic School Uniforms late one Sunday night after most of the stores had closed down. There are 2 different threads that tell of my exploits trying to find a store that sold anything that would remove the stink. All the while I had a yelling & screaming Mrs_Bob and a crying & wailing daughter because ALL of her school uniforms were in that wash load and ALL of them stank. I'll leave it for someone else to dig up the two threads and post links if they like. Personally I find the memories of the event enough cause me to shake.