Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice.

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
Some guys are natural babe magnets. Some guys seem to attract all sorts of junk. Others like the Pigpen character in Peanuts attract dirt. Me, all I have to do is get close to machinery of any type and I attract grease. I'm a natural born grease magnet. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif It seems to drip on me, jump out at me, and otherwise get on my clothes by the process of osmosis. I need to constantly keep reminding my dear wife that I really didn't smear it on my clothes on purpose!

I'm also willing to bet that I'm not the only one that is having this problem. Which brings up the question: Does anyone have a tried and true way to get grease out of clothes short of throwing them out in the trash? I'm hoping for a few old remedies that you might share with me and others that may need to also clean up their act.

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #2  
All's I have to do is look at my loader and I get grease on myself. Don't know why it just is. And yeah, I wished I attracted the women like I do grease but that ain't going to happen. Never has, never will. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But then why, I have a wife I love very much so I actually hope I don't atract any babes at this stage of my life.

murph

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #3  
Hard to tell from the beginning of your post where it was going.

I have had reasonable success getting grease blobs off of cloths by: 1) remove offending article, 2) take it outside, and 3) hose off the stain with a liberal supply of Brakleen spray. I use the supplied plastic tube to direct a high velocity flow to the grease. It uses a good chunk of the can, which is not cheap, but usually gets the stain out. I hang the clothing outside until the solvent has evaporated so that the wife doesn't protest, and then wash it in a normal cycle.

paul

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #4  
While I can find grease fairly readily myself, I avoid it being a laundry problem two ways. I have work clothes which, while I don't try to get them greasy, I don't worry about getting greasy. Secondly, I do my own laundry. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, try the aerosol Amway laundry pre treater. I've gotten grease out of clothes with it after two other products failed and the clothing had been washed, dried and worn again a couple times. I don't sell Amway and don't know about their other products, but this stuff is GREAT!

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #5  
I just put the clothes in the washer and let it take care of the dirt, grease, oil, and grime. It's the paint, stain, and caulk that doesn't seem to want to come out. The levi's I am wearing are thread-bare above the knee's, and have been through the gamut of grease, oil, dirt, for a couple years (maybe) but they are not stained (not like new either /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ).
Have for 25 years washed using the same detergent (it's Amway SA-8) and find it takes out the grease real well.

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #6  
I found out that LESTOIL does a good job of taking grease out of your clothes.

SIMPLE GREEN takes the stink out of your clothes that LESTOIL (and diesel fuel) leave in your clothes.

DON'T ASK ME HOW I FOUND ANY OF THIS OUT.

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #7  
"I found out that LESTOIL does a good job of taking grease out of your clothes."

Bob,
I used Lestoil for years when I worked as a mechanic, It worked great, but I have not seen any for sale for a while down here /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I thought maybe it was pulled for some reason, maybe working too well /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Everyone,
I keep a couple of pairs of coveralls in the shop for greasy work, but sometimes forget on small jobs and still catch heck from the wife. Not sure why since I buy and wash my own work clothes /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe she will have to start parking her transportation device outside like Junkmans wife /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #8  
I generally use a good hand cleaner. After I finish getting all the grease of my hands and other parts of my body, I rub a generous dab of the hand cleaner on the grease stains on my cloths. I work it into the fabric real well and let it set a while. Then just throw them in the washer (or a least my wife does /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif). Usually comes out clean.

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #9  
My wife did the laundry for the first 14 years of our marriage. I have doen it the last 5 years. One thing she showed me before passing the baton is this stuff. Spot Shot. It is a carpet cleaner but really does a great job on clothes, too. Gets just about anything out and doesn't stain the fabric. Just spray it on and toss it in. Works great! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Are you a magnet of sorts? I need your advice. #10  
I use the hand cleaner if I'm the one washing the clothes.
The wife uses "Spray-n-wash, Advanced Grease-n-grass stain removal" spray. Both seem to work well.

I attract neighbors. Whenever I open up the main building's door, they seem to know it's time to come over to borrow something, ask me to fix/work on something (mainly tractor work) or have a couple cold ones and some BS. All are fine with me.