No electric power wastes a morning

/ No electric power wastes a morning #1  

Gary_in_Indiana

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket
Here I am on TBN now when I'd planned to be out working on my bulldozer. I went out this morning only to find the battery down. I should have replaced the battery when I got the dozer, but it worked perfectly until today. No problem, I thought. I got out my extension cords and rolled my charger outside only to turn it on and have nothing happen.

It was then I remembered I'd lost power there during a storm Monday night, shut off the main breaker and called the utility company. I went over and turned on the main but, to my surprise, still had no power.

Monday when I called I told the utility I told then that I was done for the night so sending someone in the morning or afternoon Tuesday would be fine because I wouldn't likely need it again until this weekend.

I still don't know what happened but I find it hard to imagine that I lost power, it was fixed and I've lost it again in five days. Now they're telling me they hope to have it fixed this afternoon. This morning was kind of a bust. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ No electric power wastes a morning #2  
I went without power for 31 days after the giant ice-storm in '98 up here. Best way to appreciate how pampered we are and how resourceful we can manage to become.

Hopw it all works out fine for you.

/ No electric power wastes a morning
I got going later this afternoon and was still able to have a lot of fun knocking stuff over with my little dozer. I thought my tractor was fun. This thing is a blast! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm so excited about getting out there again tomorrow I'm eager to get to bed. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ No electric power wastes a morning #4  
And no pictures?!?! Gary! for shame!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ No electric power wastes a morning
Scott,

There's really not much to show. First there's a tree. Then there's no tree. Pretty boring pictures, I'd think. I can take on of the pile I've created from the trees. I'm planning a bonfire the week of Independence Day and I don't think I'll have to worry about having enough to burn. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif