need help

/ need help #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I am repairing my third refrigerator water leak in five years. This time the line to the ice water dispensor in the door was leaking a few drops each time it was used. I have the floor torn up now and am letting it dry.

What I need help on is finding a product I saw on the Net a couple of years ago. It was a tray that fit under the fridge and caught any leaks. It had drains running to the front so any water that leaked would be easily noticable. I found it after the first leak but, if I remember correctly, the price was $125 and I thought that too high. Now I realize it was cheaper than the consequences of another leak.

Please contact me if you know where to find this product.

Thank you for your time.
RSKY

/ need help #2  
RSKY,I don't know where to find a specific type pan ,But Iknow that Advanced Auto parts sells nice low profile drip pans for under vehicles,you could check that for size?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ need help #3  
For $125 you can buy a lot of cookie sheets. Just glue something on the back corners to tilt the tray to the front, and presto, you have an early warning system. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ need help #4  
RSKY; I know exactly what your talking about. I think I saw just that at one of the big box stores. I've been to Lowes and Home depot so much, I get them confused. Check them out, and maybe a local appliance dealer, not necesarily one of the chains tho. Those little dealers are usually more helpful than the chains. Good luck in your quest. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also these things are used under washing machines for the same purpose in 2nd story laundry rooms.

/ need help #5  
They sell thick rolled rubber to use under tubs and showers at HD. This stuff should work OK as long as your refrigerator is on rollers. If it has the adjustable mounting legs I don't think it would work, the legs would gouge holes in it when you slid it into the hole.

/ need help #7  
You could have a sheetmetal shop bend one up for far less than 125. Try an HVAC shop that bends it's own duct.

Regards,
Kevin