Info on making offer on land not for sale???

/ Info on making offer on land not for sale??? #21  
kmanvt:

<font color="blue">I guess you talked me into just going and talking with them. </font>

That makes the most sense. Also, Robert_in_NY's comment <font color="blue">why you want to buy their land </font>is excellent. No pressure, no time limits. Plant the seed, then wait. Timing is everything.

I had a similar situation. There was a very tiny strip of land between my property and a major interstate service road. The owner lived in Texas. The piece wasn't big enough to do anything with. I sent him a letter explaining I wanted to put up a sound barrier. Waited. Waited. A few years later he needed some money and guess what, his son dropped by. Paid about $15 sq ft for it, but it gave me access. Nobody else wanted it at that price. For me, it was a bargain since it doubled the value of the rest of my property.

Tellem why. Be patient. Let us know if you get it.

JEH

/ Info on making offer on land not for sale??? #22  
What worked for me was to telephone call my nieghbor and introduce myself . I explained my intentions for the old ranch I had bought next to his place that was no longer used . I told him if he ever considered selling his small piece of property ,I would be very interested in buying , if it was within my price range . I did not push it any further and told him I would keep a eye on the place since he did not live there ,if he wanted me too .
He called me back in about a week and we made the deal over the phone without ever even meeting in person . Be nice , it pays off . Big Al