Any deer in the FEL pictures?

/ Any deer in the FEL pictures? #1  

sassafraspete

Platinum Member
not heaven but you can see it from here... Brown C
Tractor
Branson (kukje) 4020, 40hp turbo
I need something to get me fired up for tomorrow's deer hunting. All I have to show for my efforts so far is water gravy. To add insult to injury, my neighbor tells me that on opening day , 5 AM....he sees a monster buck standing in my garden, right by my house. He said he watched it walk between our 2 houses. Aint that the way of it? Deer 1, sassafraspete 0.

sassafraspete

/ Any deer in the FEL pictures? #2  
PETE:

You should have planted a few peas and beans, then set up the tree stand on the light pole above the garden! lol

Markm

/ Any deer in the FEL pictures? #3  
Pete, Here is one for you! Got this 8 pointer a few years ago.

Attachments

• 532895-deerinbucket1.jpg
    532895-deerinbucket1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 375
   / Any deer in the FEL pictures? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Pete, Here is one for you! Got this 8 pointer a few years ago. )</font>

You sure you didn't just run him down and scoop him up? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Any deer in the FEL pictures? #5  
Here is one from this year that my son put a bow tag on.

Attachments

• 532928-WEB 9.jpg
    532928-WEB 9.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 331
   / Any deer in the FEL pictures?
Thanks guys, now that's what I'm talking about. Just a little inspiration. I'm sitting here this morning drinking my coffee, and waiting to head out to the stand. I'm sure the deer are right outside laughing at me. After seeing those pictures, I'll muster up some courage to once again tackle the great american outdoors. Even if I see nothing, I still get to watch a sunrise, watch the woods come to life (everything but deer), and listen to my neighbor's wife shoot . (she hunts, while her husband watches the kids). Well , must grab up my muzzleloader and head out....keep the inspiration coming. This may be a long season.

sassafraspete

/ Any deer in the FEL pictures? #7  
Pete, Here is one fresh this morning!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Just got him at 7:20! and today is opening day. Hope to fill a doe tag this afternoon. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Von

Attachments

• 533991-deer04.jpg
    533991-deer04.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 269
   / Any deer in the FEL pictures? #8  
Nice way to start off the season! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Any deer in the FEL pictures? #10  
Congrats, Von! I saw one about that size in the fog a few days before rifle season, but he's remained well hidden so far this season! Darned things are pests with good PR!

What did you take that guy with?

One of the national guard troopers just returned from Iraq had to sell his rifle to make ends meet for his family while he was away. Figured I could skip hunting this year and loan mine to him. Made me feel good, but I miss being out there.

Pete