Driveway alarms

/ Driveway alarms #21  
<font color="blue"> Does this one or any of the others have a way to differentiate the travel direction? </font>

Junkman the one that we used does not differentiate, come to think about it maybe that's whats wrong with me. I don't know if I'm coming or going. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Driveway alarms
When looking I saw one that used two probes. They said something about being able to tell arriving from leaving.

/ Driveway alarms #24  
I'm interested in the one available from Lowe's. I can't find it on their website, and a simple search does not find it. Anyone have a model number for this GE unit? Thanks. Bret

/ Driveway alarms
The number on the unit is GE5806DWM. I have been unable to find anything about the GE model.

/ Driveway alarms #26  
the first alarm when coming to the house beeps twice, the next one beeps once, so i can tell when someone is leaving or arriving..both at the reporter, about $70 each..the furthest one away doesn't always work...i think its just the distance to the receiver, because the light inside the sensor always blinks.
but the missed rate is pretty low and i can live with it..
heehaw

/ Driveway alarms #27  
I also bought the $59 GE model from Lowes as a xmas gift for mom. It works okay for her application.
The Lowes item number for the GE Driveway monitor is:

Moon of Ohio

/ Driveway alarms #28  
We live way back in the woods on a long dirt road. I use the barking dog model 8U2. Works great and lots of fun to watch in action.

/ Driveway alarms #29  
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Nice. I wonder how many people would get it if you had a sign at the end of your drive proclaiming "Protected by 8U2 Security"?

I'm going to have to do something with my neighbor's loose running dog soon. My employee said he came after her when she was walking a customer's dog, but she was close enough to the building and the dog was far enough away for her to get back inside my perimiter fencing.
I may have to look for a good pepper spray. That will usually work if you can spray the dog before it becomes engaged with another. After that he will only think he is being bitten harder.

/ Driveway alarms #30  
I use the wireless 1000 from optex. Knowing when someone is approaching is great. Safety is important, but so is privacy and not everybody who comes to your home uninvited is an intruder. Driveway alarms give you time to get out of your bathrobe and into some clothes. If you have a hard time saying no to solicitors, driveway alarms can let you know when to make yourself scarce. Sometimes you just want to be alone, and it is your right to keep your private time private. Take a look at the Home Security store. http://www.homesecuritystore.com/driveway_alarm.html