5' box blade question

/ 5' box blade question #1  

slydog

Gold Member
Southaven, Ms now, Greers Ferry Ark later
Tractor
1955 Ford 640
5\' box blade question

Is $240.00 a decent price for a 5' box blade? I can get one from this Homier distributor show that is in town till tomorrow. Also, I can get a a 3 point 30" scoop for $130. Is that a useful thing to have? And lastly, for a 4' to 6' adjustable scraper blade for $119.00? I have a gravel road on my place to upkeep. Would that be a practical purchase?

They have a website here that shows their products and prices.

Homier

Ken

/ 5' box blade question #2  
Re: 5\' box blade question

I have no personal experience with or opinion of Homier, but that price is less than I paid for a well used but very substantial Gannon 4' box blade.

/ 5' box blade question #3  

My 6" box blade is a J-Bar and cost me $410.

/ 5' box blade question #4  

According to the Homier website the brand is Farm Pro and the box blade shipping weight is 491# Maybe someone here is familiar with the Farm Pro brand, I am not.

A 5' King Kutter box blade weighs 415# so it sounds like the Homier has at least as much metal in it as the King Kutter. However, all metal is not created equal and all welds are not equal. I would take a look at some other brands then look at the Homier stuff and take your best guess as to whether it is comparable or not.

The price is certainly right. I would expect to pay about $400-$450 for a decent standard duty box blade.

The scoop can be handy if you don't have a front end loader and need to move dirt from one place to the other and don't want to drag it there with the box blade.

Bill Tolle

/ 5' box blade question #5  

Almost everything at the Homier sales is made in China and many times the low prices reflects poor quality.

However, I've learned there are a few items that you can get for a decent price and the quality is good enough to suit my needs. Homier's FarmPro box blade is one of those things. I feel I have gotten my money's worth out of mine. I would recommend it if you're not planing on heavy duty use.

I've never seen the scoop at one of their sales. Mine is a Howse that I've had for several years. I have seen the scraper blade, but I thought it seemed a little on the flimsy side, but it might be good enough for your needs. That's a judgement you need to make for yourself though.

Attachments

• 556627-IM000268.JPG
    556627-IM000268.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 169
   / 5' box blade question

Thanks for the posts! Well, I just couldn't resist the price. I stopped by TSC, and this one seems to be at least as heavy duty as the one they carry. I know that doesn't mean the grade of steel is as good. But I got a box blade, the scoop, and a 4-6 foot scraper blade that is adjustable all for $480.00. As I don't use this stuff to make a living but just to work on my place, I had to go with the price. I just hope it holds up ok for what I need to do with it. If I do have any problems with it, I will definitely let yall know. I'm just tickled to have me some implements!!!

Wish my place wasn't 3 hours away /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I miss my tractor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Is it un-natural to develop a bond with a machine? lol

Ken