Southaven, Ms now, Greers Ferry Ark later
    Tractor
    1955 Ford 640

Default 5\' box blade question

Is $240.00 a decent price for a 5' box blade? I can get one from this Homier distributor show that is in town till tomorrow. Also, I can get a a 3 point 30" scoop for $130. Is that a useful thing to have? And lastly, for a 4' to 6' adjustable scraper blade for $119.00? I have a gravel road on my place to upkeep. Would that be a practical purchase?

They have a website here that shows their products and prices.

Homier

Ken

Parker County, Texas and Santa Fe County, New Mexico
    Tractor
    Kubota B7400HSD, G1800

Default Re: 5\' box blade question

I have no personal experience with or opinion of Homier, but that price is less than I paid for a well used but very substantial Gannon 4' box blade.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    AgKing 2840 shuttle shift

My 6" box blade is a J-Bar and cost me $410.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510HSD

According to the Homier website the brand is Farm Pro and the box blade shipping weight is 491# Maybe someone here is familiar with the Farm Pro brand, I am not.

A 5' King Kutter box blade weighs 415# so it sounds like the Homier has at least as much metal in it as the King Kutter. However, all metal is not created equal and all welds are not equal. I would take a look at some other brands then look at the Homier stuff and take your best guess as to whether it is comparable or not.

The price is certainly right. I would expect to pay about $400-$450 for a decent standard duty box blade.

The scoop can be handy if you don't have a front end loader and need to move dirt from one place to the other and don't want to drag it there with the box blade.

Bill Tolle

Tractor
    1948 Ford 8N and 1993 Toro WheelHorse 520H

Almost everything at the Homier sales is made in China and many times the low prices reflects poor quality.

However, I've learned there are a few items that you can get for a decent price and the quality is good enough to suit my needs. Homier's FarmPro box blade is one of those things. I feel I have gotten my money's worth out of mine. I would recommend it if you're not planing on heavy duty use.

I've never seen the scoop at one of their sales. Mine is a Howse that I've had for several years. I have seen the scraper blade, but I thought it seemed a little on the flimsy side, but it might be good enough for your needs. That's a judgement you need to make for yourself though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Southaven, Ms now, Greers Ferry Ark later
    Tractor
    1955 Ford 640

Thanks for the posts! Well, I just couldn't resist the price. I stopped by TSC, and this one seems to be at least as heavy duty as the one they carry. I know that doesn't mean the grade of steel is as good. But I got a box blade, the scoop, and a 4-6 foot scraper blade that is adjustable all for $480.00. As I don't use this stuff to make a living but just to work on my place, I had to go with the price. I just hope it holds up ok for what I need to do with it. If I do have any problems with it, I will definitely let yall know. I'm just tickled to have me some implements!!!

Wish my place wasn't 3 hours away [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I miss my tractor [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Is it un-natural to develop a bond with a machine? lol

Ken