Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10 #1  

HayDR

Veteran Member, Approved Advertiser
Tractor
JD 2040,2240, 2355, 2755, 4055
Purchase all you can now because twine will be above $30 a bale later on in the year. Purchase the twine in stock now that has $10 less cost in it before the season hits and the higher priced twine is being sold.

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10 #2  
Thanks for the tip. I will buy low now and sell high later. Is this considered an insiders tip. I know, I'll let my wife buy and sell so she can share a cell with Martha. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, Thanks CCI.

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10 #4  
tryin to drum up some twine sales are ya............ /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10
When we had orders for 3300 bales of twine canceled due to the shortage, this is a real problem. There are 5 large import companies that control over 80% of the USA market. We usually purchase from 2 of the 5 and they both canceled. We have obtained some stock from another one of the big 5 but the price has increased $10 per bale. We will have to push some people into plastic twine just because there is no going to be enough sisal twine for the current USA market.

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10 #6  
I'll take plastic twine over the sisal twine anyday. Our balers have always tied better on the good quality plastic twine over the sisal twine anyday.

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10 #7  
<font color="blue"> tryin to drum up some twine sales are ya </font>
Mark may sometimes try to drum up business, but he is good at trying to keep us up to speed on what is going on. Thanks Mark, that will be a real problem for a lot of farmers.

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10 #8  
We don't use sisal twine either but this reminds me of the UK in the early '70's, an era of continual strife and strikes, blackouts, brownouts and shortages. It only took a rumor of a shortage to have people lining up to stockpile whatever it was that there was supposed to be shortage of ... anything from candles to salt. The majority of the rumors weren't even true but it did move a lot of "stuff" off the shelves.

At least with sisal twine there are alternatives.

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10 #9  
yea i agree frank, maybe there is some truth to it but it sure has that ring of buy lots now!

/ Sisal Twine Shortage:Prices up $10
markct,
I'm really going to sell allot of twine on the net when a bale of twine weighs 40+ LBS. Logistically this is a low value to weight product that does not return profits unless I was selling tractor trailer loads of twine to one customer. Just how many customers on TBN have that kind of usage? All the twine we sell is within 50 miles of us. How could I increase our sales when I admitted we do not have a supplier yet or any inventory in our warehouse? Why are you so cynical?