Looking for a round bale horse feeder in south Tex

/ Looking for a round bale horse feeder in south Tex #1  

stevenf

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M9000
Shipping seems to be the largest deterent from ordering one from very far away but the only one that TSC sells is painted and its $258. I'd really prefer galvanized if I could find it but in the many searches I've done the best ones seem to be from a company in PA which makes shipping almost as much as the feeder. Does anyone within a 100 miles or so of San Antonio, TX know where there is a feed or Ag store that handles galvanized ones.
Steve

/ Looking for a round bale horse feeder in south Tex #2  
The TSC in Boerne shows to have this feeder available.

In case the link doesn't work, it's part # 2168066 and is described as an 8' Glavanized Bale Feeder, and lists for $114.88.

/ Looking for a round bale horse feeder in south Tex
Bill, a feeder specificly designed for horses should have a skirt on the bottom and large loops at the top to seperate the herd, amazingly equines resemble children when they're eating because they can't just eat they have to pick on their neighbor in the process and with the top rail they'll quickly end up scared up and at times in need of the vet for stitches and without a skirt since horses tend to paw when they eat they can end up with their legs threw the bars and broken and theres nothing quite like riding a 3 legged horse. I've seen folks use regular round bale feeders but one designed for horses is best if I can find one.
I'm not picking on you I just didn't know if you knew the difference in bale feeders as each design has an intended design and purpose as a matter of fact the TSC has I think all but the one I need in stock although its a painted vesion I'd buy it if they had it rather than drive around looking for one at feed stores as most of the kids working at the stores don't know about horse round bale feeders either so you end up having to go look. Thanks for trying.
Steve

/ Looking for a round bale horse feeder in south Tex #4  
I wasn't aware of the design differences. Thanks for the information. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Looking for a round bale horse feeder in south Tex #5  
stevenf

I suggest you go to www.countryworldnews.com and check their e-mail lists. They have a ag talk list which would be a place to put your request. They cover pretty much the eastern half of Texas. I looked at the classified that came with my copy of the newspaper today and did not see what you are looking for. I get the Central Texas Edition and you would probably be covered by the South Central Edition. They sometimes put the newspaper out in racks in Ag equipment dealers and/or feed stores.

Vernon

/ Looking for a round bale horse feeder in south Tex #6  
Steve,
You might check with Priefert. They are in Texas. One other thing, their web site doesn't show everything that they make. You would need to contact them, if you want something not shown.