Edmunds or Kelly for new and used boats??

/ Edmunds or Kelly for new and used boats?? #1  

slydog

Gold Member
Southaven, Ms now, Greers Ferry Ark later
Tractor
1955 Ford 640
I'm looking for pricing guides on a new fishing boat. Does anyone know of an Edmunds or Kelly type site that deals with the pricing for new and used boats? I'm interested in a 17' aluminum polar craft or fisher, but I want to be able to make the best deal possible.

/ Edmunds or Kelly for new and used boats?? #2  
I don't think this will help for a new boat, but NADA Guides has pricing info on used stuff.

/ Edmunds or Kelly for new and used boats?? #3  
I know you said aluminum boats, but this 17 ft fiberglass Dusky for $9999 brand new is about the best boat deal I've ever seen. It comes with a mechanical fueled 75hp Johnson, and is a pretty no frills machine. Dusky makes an excellent boat though. Thier manufacturing facility is about 5 miles from my employer, and several of my co-workers have Dusky's.

http://www.dusky.com/17r.html

/ Edmunds or Kelly for new and used boats?? #4  
BoatTraderonline.com is also a good place to compare prices. It is not a NADA but shows what folks asking price is for boats for sale.

Moon of Ohio

/ Edmunds or Kelly for new and used boats?? #6  
A lot of this is going to depend on the motor. How many hours, two stroke vs 4 stroke... Go with a 4 stroke if at all possible. Much better on fuel giving you greater range and very quiet.

I have a honda 4 stroke on my RIB/ dinghy and I can sit there talking to people and after about 10 minutes they ask is that motor running? It's that quiet... At idle the loudest part is the water pissing out the back.

Also I would think that price is a component of what features are on it... Live wells, rod storage lockers internal fuel tanks and such... It's always good to know what the cost would be for the same boat new and measure wear and tear against that.

Sounds like a fun toy... Enjoy it when you get it... Take the kids fishing because they'll always remember the time with you.

Be glad your wallet doesn't have to endure the trials of large oceangoing boat ownership... Saltwater seems to disolve money.

Regards,
Chris

/ Edmunds or Kelly for new and used boats?? #7  
I did not look to see if someone might have mentioned this but NADA has a site for boats, motors and trailers... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif