Any one own a Rodenator or Rodex gopher killer ?

/ Any one own a Rodenator or Rodex gopher killer ? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="purple"> Anhydrous Ammonia, poison bait or propane & oxygen</font> )</font>

Sounds like a Home Made Crystal Meth Lab Starter Kit, Don't let any of the punk kids in the area hear about it.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Any one own a Rodenator or Rodex gopher killer ? #12  
I have a really bad mole problem and am quite interested in the "Rodenator". I can see that it will work fine in the fields, but what about near PVC water lines, septic tanks, leach lines, and runs that go under my house. I really don't want to blow the whole place up. Might be alittle had to explain to the insurance company.

/ Any one own a Rodenator or Rodex gopher killer ? #13  
Dear Message Boarders:

The Rodenator Pro is a precision made device that has the technology to proportion and inject a specific mixture of propane and oxygen into the dens, tunnels and burrows of burrowing animals. This method cannot be duplicated by means of homemade mechanics.

For safety and proper application, it would be best to purchase one like I did.

I have been using the Rodenator on pocket gophers, ground squirrels and woodchucks with great success! I grow vegetables and tree stock. I have used every other method in the past with no success.

After purchasing the Rodenator, I can now see the difference in crop yields, and I have not lost any trees this year!

Please don’t try to make something like the Rodenator in your garage! It is far safer to buy this product that has been proven to work!

I purchased it from a dealer that gave me a real great deal on-line. Their web site is Gophernator.com

Delbert

/ Any one own a Rodenator or Rodex gopher killer ? #14  
"Please don’t try to make something like the Rodenator in your garage! It is far safer to buy this product that has been proven to work!"

I'm sorry but the price is a little out of the reach of your average home owner. $1800 seems a little steep. I've only got 5 acres to control.

I'm curious to know what components of the Rodenator justify such a high price tag. While it is a very ingenius invention and a great idea it is just too expensive for those of us who can't write it off as a business expense.

/ Any one own a Rodenator or Rodex gopher killer ?
rodex was the first to build them. who was he and where did he start were not going to the moon here. and to answer the question about safety around houses and plumbing there have been cases of fire, cracked, foundations setting fields on fire, blowing your boots off. you have to use common sense and adjust the fill time in the hole. thats why the ammonia and grain system guys say theirs is the best. buyers and builders beware dont try this at home we will sell you one for $1800 no bottle of course

/ Any one own a Rodenator or Rodex gopher killer ? #16  
Found this link on the web:

Control of Ground Squirrels

"Gas exploding devices or anhydrous ammonia or other toxic gases have not proven to be safe, reliable or effective. The best studies have shown that oxy-acetylene or propane/oxygen mixtures injected for 45 seconds and then ignited only reduced ground squirrel populations by about 40 per cent and did so at a very high cost. Although no data has been generated on the effectiveness of anhydrous ammonia, there has been, at best, mixed comments on its use. Cost, practically, safety and labour are considered serious drawbacks to anhydrous ammonia fumigation. "

I knew it was too good to be true. The Rodenator concept sure sounds like the most fun though. I would much rather blow things up then spend the time I do setting traps.

/ Any one own a Rodenator or Rodex gopher killer ? #17  
Hello,

I am curious if you ended up making your own rodenator, and how it worked out. You can reach me at massaseen0-at-gmail. I would like to make one myself, and am looking for someone to ask about it.
Thanks!