Remote wall switch?

/ Remote wall switch? #11  
Love your answer, John, even if I don't know Morse code./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Remote wall switch? #12  
Of course as Morse (or international radiotelegraph code) is an aural communication, I had to struggle through it 3 times to convert it to sonds in my head so I could "read" it.

Patrick (First lisc as KN5DBP DeciBell Pat in '62, now N6AYR Gen class)

/ Remote wall switch? #13  
Check out smarthome.com. I have used their x-10 switches to solve the same problem. Find them pretty reliable for lighting loads.

18-30461-BillSig.jpg

/ Remote wall switch? #14  
Bird,

Believe me... I had to scratch my head... I'm getting rusty.

What's that saying If you don't use it... you'll lose it
{Ok Boys, no comments from the peanut gallery...} /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Remote wall switch? #15  
John,

That sure raised some cobebs in my brain. Learned morse code about 30 years ago, and wasn't half bad at it. But 30 years of non-use feels pretty pathetic... /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

The GlueGuy

/ Remote wall switch? #16  
Patrick...

Exactly... I'm thinking in my head... dah dit dah dit_______dah dah dit dah, but I translated to .- and guess what ...Muhammad's "space" algorithm truncated all my extra spaces as separators...but I guess you had to be there.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

3. What the heck does all this have to do with remote wall switches...{Gee whiz, I love this site!} {Muhammad needs another category called Off On A Tangent...}
rolleyes.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Remote wall switch? #17  
<font color=blue>...That sure raised some cobwebs in my brain. ..</font color=blue>

Bill...

Yes sir...exactly.

When I was 10 or 11, my Dad was studying for his amateur license and commercial first class radio-telephone... I had to read him the questions out of the books and he gave me the answers...{remember I'm only 10 or 11...}, half the words I could barely pronounce or even understand... so I guessed I learned at an early age how to wing it...

The big day came, with a 3 1/2 hour drive down to New York City for my Dad to take his tests. To make a long story short, I ended up taking the novice exam,{my Dad said as long as I had to wait for him} while my Dad took his multiple exams.

Everybody passed! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Remote wall switch? #18  
Anything I haven't done? Sure. I haven' jumped out of a flying airplane and probably won't unless it catches on fire or breaks up mid air (a sentiment shared by a number of fellow pilots). I haven't bungee jumped and probably won't. I don't mess around with other peoples wives.

I forgot to mention that the lights around my clothing-optional-after-dark spa also had a RF remote control on-off-dim switch so you don't get electrocuted messing with illumination levels while in spa. Only downside I ever noticed using thees things for several years was that sometimes if the power went off and back on the lights would come on at the preset level. This only seemed to happen when away for an extended period. Irritated me a bunch (was energy conservation officer at a submaring base for a while) so I would turn them all the way down before heading out. They would adjust so low that the fillament just barely glowed. That way mimimum waste should the power glitch in our absence.

Off topic but timely comment:

Please finish out the 4th of July holiday season with as many functioning extremities and eyes as you start it with. Everytime my wife hears a horror story on this topic she tries to get me to stop making some of my own fireworks which leads to a kind of withdrawal symptom only appreciated by fellow pyromaniacs.

/ Remote wall switch? #19  
<font color=blue>Muhammad's "space" algorithm truncated all my extra spaces</font color=blue>

In all fairness to Muhammad, that's not his doing. If you peek at the source for that page you will see all your spaces are right where you left them. It's the browser itself that ignores all but the first of a string of space characters. There are ways around it in HTML, but if you simply present a chunk of text for viewing, that's what you get.

I know, I know... who asked? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Remote wall switch? #20  
What you need is a dose of the pre tag - it's a standard HTML tag but you have to use it here with square brackets ... it's under the markup options - allows you to include pre-formatted text ...

<font color=blue><pre>-.-. --.- Patrick,

--- -.- . -..- .--. .-.. .- .. -. </pre>

</font color=blue>

Jus' like that ...