Remote wall switch?

/ Remote wall switch? #21  
Richard,

Another option would be to use the solar powered pathway lights that have a small solar cell on top to charge a battery which then runs the light. I don't know if you can switch them off and on though. If you simply must have switching capability, then your options are the remote control, or a surface mounted wire. With a surface mounted wire, you would have to dummy up a piece of trim to cover it. Remember, it can be a big ugly wire, or a clever "decorator" accent.

Years ago, I had a partner and when we moved our office into a new building, he wanted the ground floor office. Unfortunately, the drain for the bathroom protruded through the ceiling of his office. We painted it white with a red spiraling candy stripe. Voila! A clever decorator accent /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

SHF

/ Remote wall switch? #22  
I've got a remote unit that I got at Menard's. I use it to switch the lights in the barn on and off from the house.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Remote wall switch?
I'm afraid the solars won't work. That is part of MY doing (or UN-doing as it may be)

Been looking into this and am amazed at the plethora of options you have. I never realized how much technology you can stuff into a house. All I want is a warm/cool/safe place to sleep & watch my lowly Bengals get punished on the football field every weekend /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif.

(reflecting for a moment...)
Hmmm, seems I DO have it wired for high speed internet, satellite, home theatre in main room and master bedroom...

What was I just saying about technology??

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif