Anybody put up a Steelspan Building?

/ Anybody put up a Steelspan Building? #1  

AKtinman

Tractor
John Deere X585
I'm moving back to Texas in a few months and will have 6 acres in Wise County.

Looking to put up a 30 x 40 (approximate) shop/Tractor shed without spending my life savings /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I ran across the Steelspan web site www.amsteelspan.com and their products look pretty good.

Anybody put one of these up? Experiences or recommendations?

Thanks

/ Anybody put up a Steelspan Building? #2  
Not familiar with Steel Span. I put up a 30'x40' <font color="blue"> Mueller Steel building </font> several years ago. If you are into doing it yourself, not a bad way to go. Mine came as a bolt up kit. You can also get weldup kits. I had a concrete contractor do the slab. Had some friends help with the main beams and the roof panels. Then did almost all the rest by myself. You can get a basic 30'x40' for around $7000 I think. I got a lot of options such as insulation, extra doors, gutters, etc. for around $9500, but that was 5 yrs ago. See attached picture.

Attachments

• 621627-barn_small.jpg
    621627-barn_small.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 247
   / Anybody put up a Steelspan Building? #3  
I just moved onto our 10 acres in Southern Missouri last summer and put up a 40 x 76 SteelMaster building. It is similar to what you linked. It has worked out very well for us. We run a mail order business from the building and we had the interior coated with 1-1/2" of urethane foam insulation. We also finished about 600 square feet as office area. Assembly was fairly easy. I contracted the foundation and slab, then hired a couple of good hands to help me put it up. Took us about 3 weeks after the foundation was done to get the shell up. Our ends were complicated by several overhead doors, a commercial entry door, and windows, but that just took us another 1-1/2 weeks. Whether you go with SteelMaster or Steelspan, forget the propoganda about erecting it without equipment. Rent a scissor lift for the period of time necessary to put up your arches. You'll be glad you did.

/ Anybody put up a Steelspan Building? #4  
Am currently putting up a 28X40 pole barn..........should have around $3700 in materials not counting the siding..........so far I have around 8 4-5 hour days in it working by myself. I did have help from a bunch of friends with the trusses and a rented boom lift. Should be just about fininished in another week to ten days..............
Right now it is going to be used for my Airstream, F250, tractor,Expedition, and Accord.......Retired in January from teaching. My wife and I do videography. Am working harder now than I ever did teaching. If the business continues to grow we will probably use the barn for a studio........Dennis