What is your favorite produce from the garden ?

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #1  

Cactus

Gold Member
What is your favorite produce out of the garden.
Corn: What is the most popular where you live ?
Tomatos:What is the most popular where you live ?
Peppers ?What is the most popular where you live ?

Beans ? What is the most popular where you live ?

What is the biggest seller etc ??

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #2  
I think in our case it's a toss up between fresh grown tomatoes and sweet corn.

They are both special in our opinion and always taste better when you grow them yourself.

There's something about the off-taste of a hothouse tomato that makes me crave the summer months.

Won't be long now and we'll be putting mater's and seed for sweet corn in the ground. Gosh I love summer! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #3  
maters got to be materes, the kind that U bit into and the seeds shoot out & hit U'r neighbor in the eye! & & when U try to say U'r sorry and the rest trys to run out of U'r mouth when U open it!!yeep, maters got to be best! "Sorry guy's I got carried away, TOEmatoes are my favorite garden fruit, oh I mean produce!" I'm kinda like Forrest Gumps Bubba was about shrimp but with tomatoes, fried, pickled, raw, etc, etc!

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #4  
I guess I don't really have a garden, but I have about 50 fruit trees on my property. Of them 40 are citrus and the other 10 are Banana, Mango, Starfruit, and Avacado. I don't sell any, but I give most of it away. Of the trees my favorites are:

Avacado for Guac and giving to friends
Starfruit for giving to friends
Grapefruit for juicing (almost 14 gallons last season)
Oranges for eating (and about 5 or 6 gallons of juice)

Actually though, if I don't drink any more grapefruit juice until 2006, that's fine with me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #5  
Peas, Peas and Peas. I just love going out there and picking them and eating them right there. The only other thing would be when my daughter goes out, picks them, shucks them and cools them in the refrigerator. Nice kewl fresh peas. WOW, can't beat them. Don't care to have them cooked ever just fresh from the pod.

murph

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #6  
green tomatoes and squash and of course the watermelon

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #7  
Corn. Corn. Corn. This year I'm going to stagger the plantings. Probably 4 plantings, each 1 week apart to extend the harvest period.

Probably the next would be <font color="red"> cherry tomatoes & paste tomatoes </font> I'm not a big fan of regular tomatoes but I love the little sweet cherry tomatoes. We dry the roma types and use them year round when we cook, nothing beats a sun-dried tomato chopped and sauted with baby asparagas, garlic and hot sauce in a little mustard oil.

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #8  
<font color="red"> Tomatoes </font> for <font color="red"> Tomato</font> sandwiches. Mmmmm....yummy /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #9  
Bob,

Do the deer that keep you from having an orchard leave your corn alone, or do you fence your corn patch? I have fence circles around any tree I want to grow, but I'm trying corn for the first time and my patch isn't fenced. I may spray liquide fence on the small seedlings when they come up since I am told the deer do most of their damage to corn when it is young.

Chuck

/ What is your favorite produce from the garden ? #10  
You will find that with corn, different varieties will do better than others in your soil, it is best to experiment with several until you find the one that will do the best in yours. We had the best luck with Parfait, planted at the same time as two other varieties at the same time, same maturity date and the production was excellent, the others did not mature in the season that we had last year.

As far as the tomatoes and peppers, it was not a good year to tell, most barely matured right before the frost. However the Supersweet 100VF and Sweet Million Hybrid cherry tomatoes were excellent.

Blue Lake and Contendor beans are hard to beat.

The best seller was pickling cucumbers followed by potatoes, then corn, then peas with bean sales about 75% of peas.