Dedicated gardener!

/ Dedicated gardener! #1  

bandit67

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 B3000 HSDCC 2020 Z251 Zero Turn
We were driving back from Illinois on Sunday along Highway 38, and passed by a guy tilling a rather large garden.

He was using a walk behind tiller - he'd engage the tiller, push it until it was at the end of his reach, then disengage. Then he'd roll his WHEELCHAIR through the dirt to get back to the tiller, and start the whole process all over again. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That is one dedicated gardener, and a guy that must have quite a 'Can Do' attitude. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Dedicated gardener! #2  
amazing what a person can do if they set their mind to it. The guy probably wouldn't have it any other way.
I knew two people like that. Both double amputees and would rather figure out a way to do it themselves than ever have someone else do it for them.

I use those people as inspiration. I have pretty severe back problems that limit what I can and can't do, everytime I get discouraged I think of people like the guy you saw and it helps me psh myself ahead

/ Dedicated gardener! #3  
He's living proof that if you have the will. There is a way. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif