I lost it again...... aliens took it away

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
It always amazes me how a nut, bolt, part, or whatever can fall off your tractor and never be seen again in this lifetime. The only thing that I can figure is these parts must be retrieved by aliens in the middle of the night because once they are lost we never see them again, ever.

The latest was a large 16mm X 110mm bolt that secured one of the front BH mounts to the 40D. Not sure how especially the larger items just seem to melt into the landscape never to be seen again. One would think that the mower would find a few but it never seems to happen. I expect a smaller nut or bolt to disappear but not the big boys.

I have also lost a rather large pin used to lock the boom on a rented BH some time back. That chunk of steel cost me 50 bucks to replace. And then there was a fairly new 20' piece of 5/16" chain that we were using one day that just up and disappeared.

If this keeps up maybe I'll need to change my TBN name to "abducted" or something similar. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So, what's the largest fastener/part that you have lost or had abducted at your place? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #2  
ahhh... I lost the wheel off a my finish mower. yep, turned around when i started bogging down to discover i was excavating insteada mowin and noticed a wheel missing...

This is like a 5" high wheel on the mower deck too...

I looked and looked, couldn't find it.. needless to say, i'm pretty upset since this was like the 10th time i've used the mower...

since we had a nice nor'easter this week, i'll go out and look again tomorrow and see what if find... -Arthr

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #3  
yep... i know what ya mean... i thought they(gremlins) mostly congregated around my place.. seems they have been migrating to other area's as well.. and yes the do come out at night, or when your back is turned. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #4  
Mike,

You know when I loose a bolt/wrench or something like that I usually check my back pocket?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif You would be surprised what you find there. Why it wasn't too long ago I swore I had the 1/2" open end wrench out and then could not find it. A few days later I saw it on the washing machine and yelled at my wife for using it and not putting it back /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif (got myself in trouble there) after listening to me she said she found it in my back pants pocket along with a utility knife!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

murph

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away
Murph about the only thing I'm guilty of sending through the washing machine other than a pile of dirty clothes is my wallet. And that has happened many times. But hey, it's a clean wallet. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #6  
Two 6' digging irons, one homemade 3 point log arch with tongs, and a hydraulic cylinder used as a semi automatic top link. I suspect neighbors and relatives, aliens know better. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #7  
All the lost metallic items briefly materialize on my property at exactly the instant I am passing by with my rotary cutter running at full PTO speed. They must seek enough energy to go off on another journey, because they reach a certain speed when aided by my cutter then disappear again. They make extremely loud noises on their reentry into our universe. The technology they use to do this is impressively powerful judging by the marks it leaves on my cutter blades.

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #8  
Yep, I had gremlins in my shop building; lots of small items disappeared, some of which showed up later, some which did not. I guess the gremlins put back the stuff they can't use. Once they even took my eyeglasses. I searched the shop building thoroughly each day for 2 days and they weren't there, but on the third day, the gremlins left them right smack in the middle of the floor; guess they were the wrong prescription for whichever gremlin took them.

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #9  
While not big, I've had aliens steal a bunch of the hair pin clips and the 3/4" by 2-3" pins that hold the MMM on. They've probably gotten a dozen or so of them. I was too lazy to tie the wire around like everyone had suggested, but finally got smart and ordered some of the bowtie clips from McMaster-Carr. They haven't taken any more since then. I would just like to know what happened to all of the others - I have yet to see any of them - and I've walked the property looking for them shortly after the abduction. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ I lost it again...... aliens took it away #10  
Largest item was one of the wheels of the one RFM. Found the wheel and all but one of the spacers. That prompted me to make a trip to the Tru Value for stainless bolts and nylock nuts. Haven't had a problem with them since..................chim