The ultimate cost of a new tractor....

/ The ultimate cost of a new tractor.... #1  

Volfandt

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota BX23, 1966 WheelHorse 856
Greetings, back in Dec I took delivery of a new BX23 and part of the deal was I had to remodel the kitchen for the Mrs.
Well a simple remodel job morphed into a major undertaking right before my very eyes and I'm still trying to figure out how I got talked into it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But all in all, we're both happy, which btw is what counts. My only complaint is the project put me way behind in seat time...

The BX23 what started this all (sans the BH).
BX23%20&%20burnpile4.jpg_0014.jpg

This is a shot of the old kitchen/laundry room from the old dining room, soon to be new kitchen as demolition was about to commence.
kitchen2.jpg_0002.jpg

A limited inside shot of our old galley kitchen looking out towards the old dining room (soon to be new kitchen).
kitchen3.jpg_0003.jpg

Demolition has commenced! Around Mid March!
Kitchen6.jpg_0005.jpg

Construction has commenced. The laundry is now a closet and the space that used to house the sink will be a large walkin closet. The old kitchen/laundry room will become a small bedroom/junkroom now.
Kitchen%2011.jpg_0012.jpg

The finished project. I finally got the finishing touches done this past Thurs evening which was hooking up the new sink/faucet/dishwasher/garbage disposal. We had been with out them since March and it was a very very welcome site to once again see and have running and draining water in our kitchen!
The new kitchen is now combined w/the dining room and the additional bedroom/junk room has proven to be quite useful.
Kitchen%20done.jpg_0003.jpg

The Mrs is happy and now that I can focus my attention on more seat time, LOTS more seat time, I'll be happy too.

Volfandt

/ The ultimate cost of a new tractor.... #2  
<font color="blue"> "...a simple remodel job morphed into a major undertaking..." </font>

To keep the universe in balance you will now have to morph to a L5030.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great job on the remodeling!

/ The ultimate cost of a new tractor.... #3  
Great job. We did the kitchen thing 5 years ago, out to the studs in the wall. My BIL is a contractor, he did the major stuff (not for free either), we did the rest. And for the record your Mrs. has gotten the better part of the deal, BX23 equals a bath remodel, (been there, done) kitchen is BX 23 with all attachments front, mid, and 3 pt.

/ The ultimate cost of a new tractor.... #4  
OK, looked again at the BX. The lights you have on the ROPS, where did you get them and what or how did you wire them in...........photos please if you can.

thanks

/ The ultimate cost of a new tractor.... #5  
in the last photo, what is that on your refrig. looks like a cat (ours love it up there) but this one looks chocolate and carmel colored

/ The ultimate cost of a new tractor.... #6  
A happy Mrs.-priceless. Good looking tractor and kitchen.

/ The ultimate cost of a new tractor....
Thanks all.

L5030 or all the attachments I can use sounds good to me, but in either case I'm retired from the remodeling bidness, thats fer sherr /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thats some sort of basket whats shaped into a cat or the like on top of the frig. The Mrs is into weaved baskets of all kinds. She has 'em all over the humble abode. We do have an ole lazy house cat, Lucky is her name, but shes way to lazy to climb up there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I did a thread awhile back re. those ROPS lights. Heres a link.
ROPS lights

Have a good 'un
Volfandt