Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Battery Tender vs Battery Minder

I've done searches and these 2 brands seemed to be mentioned a lot.

Which one is better?

They're priced about the same.

(I did not use my tractor between the beginning of March until the beginning of June. When I went to start it, the battery was almost dead. Had to drag out my battery charger.)

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

Default Re: Battery Tender vs Battery Minder

Unique Products
    We have used the solargizer and power-pulse for about 6 years. Bought them from Andy at Unique Products....actually have bought several things from him that I would have considered "voodoo" products, and they work well. Like the RM25 for cooling systems.
    Anyway....first winter we bought 6 solargizers, put them on 6 random tractors on the lot (we try to start and run each unit monthly, but in Dec-Jan that can get tough--and it's not surprising to have to jump a unit at 0 degrees that hasn't started in two months) Anyway....the tractors without solargizers were par...some started, some had to be jumped. Consistently the tractors with the solargizers started...each time. We bought twelve more the next year. Also put the power pulse on all our vehicles. I'd do it again.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3010HST R4's, Scag Wildcat ZTR, 61

I have the Battery Tender. It works well, it keeps my boat batteries charged during the off season (Nov thru May) ....I'd buy one again.

Never tried Battery Minder though, the two products sound very similar.

I used a Battery Tender last year to try it on my bike battery. My last one never got any charge during the off months. Lasted 8 years. Purchased a new one for $55 back in 2002. Never will see a tender again…

Maybe a bad cell or old battery???

i've got four battery tenders on various vehicles that very seldom see action. always have full charge. seem to work great, have had them for 3 or 4 years and had no trouble of any kind, other than forgetting to unplug the one on the back of the boat. it has done the 4 foot latteral drop so many times i've lost count. still works.