Attn: Tennessee Country Land Owners

/ Attn: Tennessee Country Land Owners
Some states, TX is one of them, allows the mineral rights (what's below the ground like coal, oil, and gas) to have seperate ownership. By default all land in TX has ground rights and mineral rights together. You can sell your mineral rights to someone else. What happens here is a "group" will come around to farmers and other land owners and offer them an amount for their mineral rights. Most take it because they don't have any intentions of drilling for oil on their property due to the cost of finding it. So, the money sounds good. This "group" takes all of these properties (mineral rights) that they have purchased snd groups them together in a "lot". These can be 10's of thousands of acres. Oil companies buy them. Now, they have the right to get what is under your property. They can come and place a rig and drill on your property and take the oil. They only have to pay you a small monthly fee for "surface destruction" but it is NOTHING compared to te money they get from the oil. So, what I am referring to are these "groups" that thrive on the lack of knowledge of land buyers. They will buy a piece of property, sell the mineral rights, and then resell the land. Most people have no idea that they have agreed to purchase something that they won't have complete control over. No one who buys land is told they have something and actually don't. It is a strict law, but people don't understand te impact of not owning the mineral rights.

/ Attn: Tennessee Country Land Owners #22  
Thank you, i never knew that. So i could have been taken had i bought land too.

Dur

/ Attn: Tennessee Country Land Owners #23  
Here in Ky we have laws on the books that protect the farmer/landowner aganist the damages that you have encouneteed. Back in the fifties and sixties, Ky was like you describe--We have 13 Gas wells on some of our properties (approx 280 acres) and the Ky state inspector is here regurally making sure all activity is "In Compliance" and they are very strict in protecting the Landowner--Ken Sweet

TX has strict rules about compliance too. But, the problem with any "extraction" from underground is the extent to which they will go to get the treasure. I used to work for an oil company. When the gas pressure goes down, they would bring in GIANT compressors to push the gas out. These are 16 cylinder beasts that run 24/7. They vibrate the ground and everything around them and are quite loud. They are allowed to do this and frankly, I feel it should be allowed. They do own what's underneath but, this is the unknowing trap that people find themselves in.

/ Attn: Tennessee Country Land Owners #25  
<font color="blue">When the gas pressure goes down, they would bring in GIANT compressors to push the gas out. </font>

If I understand this correctly, you put pressure down the hole. Did the compressors pump in air to build up the pressure or gas? I have 2 or 3 wells that have dropped to 30-40 PSI and I need to get them back to 100-125 PSI to get in the field transmission lines with the stronger wells. Did you guys put a compressor on each well head or 1 big compressor to pump up a entire field?--Ken Sweet

Compressor is installed in line with several heads. It compresses the lines after the heads creating a vacuum in the well head. They would install them when the pressure reaches about 40psi too. Basically, force more down the line and it pulls more up from the ground.

/ Attn: Tennessee Country Land Owners #27  
<font color="blue"> Basically, force more down the line and it pulls more up from the ground. </font>

Sounds like what we need to try.In order to produce gas, Do you remember having the need for disposal wells for injection of saltwater. The reason I ask is that we have salt water in and near the formation the gas is in and when suction is applied to extreme, The water gets in with the gas--Ken Sweet

That is fairly common. When this occurs, they would either put a new SWD well or convert a slower well into a SWD. Basically, you are running dry. Time to start pulling up what's left of the oil.

/ Attn: Tennessee Country Land Owners #29  
<font color="blue">they would either put a new SWD well or convert a slower well into a SWD </font>

Scott, Our wells are shallow (600-700 ft) and the salt water zone is in the Blue at 750-800 ft. Do you remember if they went to another deeper formation or pumped the salt water back into the same general area of the producing formation?--Ken Sweet

Wow, that is shallow. Here, the wells are 5000-6000 deep. Usually, and I am not expert, I believe they would send it down into the same formation from the farthest point they could to try and force all of the gas from the rock. I am just a computer guy but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I remember a lot of what they did but not everything so I can just tell you what I remember.