Getting older

/ Getting older #11  
You know you're getting old when everyone you meet reminds you of someone you already know.

For me, I knew I was getting old because now -- when I see a cop in the rear view mirror, I have a moment of panic and then realize I'm going under the speed limit.

/ Getting older #12  
I like the idea of growing old. It sure beats the alternative.

I told one young woman that a particular thing was the cat's pajamas. She said she didn't know what that meant. I told her it was the bee's knees. That didn't help.

Cliff

/ Getting older #13  
When you start hiding your own easter eggs you know your old?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

murph

/ Getting older #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I like the idea of growing old. It sure beats the alternative. )</font>

Maybe understanding that comment is a sign of age. Last time I said that to a younger person, I had to explain it.

/ Getting older #15  
You know you're getting older when you make that little grunt whenever you get up out of a chair.........

I'm not follically challenged, and my grandfather was 86 when he died, and had a full head of mostly black hair, so I may not look my age, but boy howdy I sure feel it!

You also know you're getting older when you're invisible to 30 (40?!!) year old women..............

/ Getting older #16  
I knew I was gettin' older when a cut finger just wouldn't seem to heal. I think I was about 43 at the time. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif My wife started watchin' me real close when I was 56, seems older ladies thought I was good lookin'. Its a good thing she told me, I wouldn't have noticed. Now that's old. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Getting older #17  
You're getting old when you notice that you're shorter than you were but the floor is farther away. Greatest invention ever was velcro closures on shoes. Now if they would just do something similar for my work boots.

Harry K

/ Getting older #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yep, how well I understand getting old. Friday evening, in the rain, a cute little blonde kid rearended me at a stop sign; really bounced me good and bent the bumper way down on the back end of my Ford Ranger. When I saw her, I thought she was a right cute little teenager; just a kid, probably just got her first driver's license. Hmmm, her driver's license showed her to be 26. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )</font>

Surely you got some pictures to document the accident i hope.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dur

/ Getting older #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Surely you got some pictures to document the accident i hope )</font>

Yep, but not the one you'd like to see. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 696598-P7180001 (Small).JPG
    696598-P7180001 (Small).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 126
   / Getting older #20  
Folks, its all your frame of mind. I recently heard a story on our local news where a 79 year old woman living in an assisted living facility was arrested for shooting (and killing, I might add) her 82 year old "boyfriend". Seems he'd found himself another girl. Ah, those crazy kids at the retirement center... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif