Getting older

/ Getting older #21  
I started to write a reply, but forgot what I was going to say /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Getting older #22  
Many things remind me that I am not as young as I used to be. The wife does in fact cut around the balding spot, got tired of me demanding the cute gal at the hair place I think. I reminded her, the gal was our daughters age, and I am not stupid enough, or able to do anything about it.

Also, at a customers place, one of his employees reminded me not long ago that I was the new stud muffin that did service for them. While I picked myself up I reminded myself, she was my daughters age.

Not bragging, just wishing I was able to do something about it, that is if I were single.

You know your old when you get compliments that they and you both know you can not do anything about.....

You know your old when kids getting out of college now, where not even born when you got out of college. Shoot I know dentists younger than me.

I used to take some team photos at my old high school. I was taking pics of grand kids to "kids" I went to school with...

At my Dad's funeral, this man comes up to me expressing his condolences.........then I realize I dont know who this is........my cousin we grew up together, he is 17 days YOUNGER than me. I put him at 30, and NO I did not recognize him. The years had been better to him for sure.

/ Getting older #23  
you know you're getting old when you are riding the shuttle bus back and forth to the National Parks and Rec show and a beautiful college girl sits next to you and tells you she sat down because you looked safe. Not fun on the ego! Safe what a word.

/ Getting older #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I started to write a reply, but forgot what I was going to say /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. )</font>

That's funny!

What were we talking about?

/ Getting older #25  
Heck...... I am so old that I was around when dirt was named dirt by my younger brother. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Getting older #26  
Hey Joe, I know im getting older when Jimmy Hendrix no longer lights my fire !!
Now its Engelbert, Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra ect....
you get the picture.
Ernie

/ Getting older #27  
Bird, im right in the middle of shopping for a truck cover just like the one in your picture. How does it hold in the wind?
would you buy another one? Im looking at an 20'x21' green colored to match the trees around it. Are you happy with it, any suggestions ?
Ernie

/ Getting older #28  
If'n you saw the "Big Bang" then you can qualify for "OLD"

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Getting older #29  
Ernie, my carport will be two years old in October; bought from and installed by T-N-T Carports. It's a 20' x 21' and a year or so later, my daughter got the same thing, except hers is an 18' x 20'. They anchored mine with three 3' rods of half inch rebar through the bottom rails on each side and through the concrete into the ground. Then they just used regular concrete anchors on my daughter's. We haven't had any really severe windstorms since I got it, but some pretty windy days and it's rigid enough that I've never seen any movement at all, so we're happy with them. Of course there are lots of other places selling and installing what appears to be the same thing in various sizes and prices.

/ Getting older #30  
Thanks Bird,
It appears there are 5 vendors for them in the nearby town.
My wifes car takes up the garage and my poor truck sits outside all winter.
Ernie