The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . .

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #1  

Bob_Skurka

Well the lovely Mrs_Bob packed up the little yappy dog, our daughter and left last evening. Her sister just had emergency gall bladder surgery. Her mom is bedridden. With her sister in the hospital there is nobody home to take care of her mom. So I get an unexpected 10 days alone, well not totally alone, I have my dog to keep me company.

I figured it would be a good time to go spend some quality time in the new garage/shop (which would have been done had it not been for the fence guy and his auger bit who drilled not 1, not 2 but 3 post holes through my data, phone & alarm wires and shattered the electrical conduit but didn't cut the power).

I have 5 large cardboard boxes sitting in the shop containing modual tool cabinets waiting for me to assemble a new router table, table saw table, miter saw table, and 2 extender wings. All came from TOOL DOCK. Their stuff is very nice, but I didn't realize how much of a PITA it is to put it together. I have another piece, but it was already assembled when I got it so I figured that was the way all of it should be. Apparently not the new stuff??? I worked from dinner until dark assembling ONE of the pieces. I believe I am 1/2 way done. I figured I could do 2 each evening. I am now of the belief that with the lovely Mrs_Bob gone for ONLY 10 days, I will be lucky to get 1/2 of these assembled! Oh and the temps on Sunday & Monday are projected to be HUMID and 100 and 99 degrees respectively so I seriously doubt I will be working in the garage on either of those days.

In fact I know I won't be working on them Sunday because I was "volunteered" to work the deep fat fryer for the church festival Sunday. They have people working 2 hour shifts. To keep me from getting bored while she is gone, the lovely Mrs_Bob "volunteered" me to work 3 back to back shifts from 9 am to 3 pm. In a tent. On a humid 100 degree day. So if anyone wants to come by to see how much weight I can lose before passing out from heat exhaustion, just show up Sunday at the St Edward's Catholic Church for our festival in Lowell, IN. You'll be able to find it by following the ambulances that will be there taking away heat stroke victims!

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #2  
First....... Hope that everyone has a speedy recovery... Surgery isn't anything that anyone looks forward to and the recovery period takes a lot longer than the surgery itself. Being the "cut up" that I am, I know about these things.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Moving onto the garage. I can't believe that you were so thrifty that you didn't air condition the garage. What were you thinking of when you built this building... it was just going to be for storage of vehicles? I thought that you were smarter than that. Just goes to show that even the Junkman can be wrong sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #3  
OK, Bob, what new toys are going to get while she gone this time?

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I figured it would be a good time to go spend some quality time in the )</font>

Bob, Like JerryG posted, I honestly thought that sentence was going to end with something like "dealer's showroom".

Hope everyone's health improves and all works out well.

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . .
<font color="green"> I can't believe that you were so thrifty that you didn't air condition the garage. </font>

Actually, the first bid to install it is sitting on my desk right now!

As for having some new major toy arrive while she is gone, it would have to be an "impulse" purchase. Normally when she goes away I start my shopping long before her departure so that the needed piece of equipment can be delivered while I have plenty of free time to use it (while she is still out of town). All I can say is I was caught off guard with this trip, and I've got the Snow Trac, with boxes of parts scattered all over, that is occupying my time. Dealing with the contractors is still occuring (in addition to the new garage/shop, we are making changes to the house, and obviously I have to deal with the fence contractor). I'm lining up parts for the Avanti, that needs to get restored this winter. I am still waiting for my 4 post lift to arrive (my friend is on vacation so he won't be installing it until he returns). Yesterday I dropped off the SUV at the body shop after running into a deer about 10 days ago . . . and I was rear ended in my other convertible last week while driving to work so that needs to go into the shop today. So I have been too busy and just didn't have any new toy lined up to arrive!!!

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #6  
So, looking at that list, what are you going to have left to work on after lunch tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #7  
Well Bob, too bad Lowell is where it is, being just a tad too far for a quick Sunday Morning bike ride! I'd love nothing more than to see you working that fryer. And if the lovely Mrs_RobS were out of town I'd make the trip for sure but instead I'll be finishing up the brickwork, washing the brick, installing the prewired electical outlet and backfilling with the load of stone that didn't show up last night. It better get there this afternoon, as promised!

Is the lovely Mrs_Bob's family still in Indy? Do hope everything goes well for them and it sounds like you'll be plenty busy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Actually, the first bid to install it is sitting on my desk right now!
)</font>

I used to laugh at my uncle in Southern IN for having an AC unit, recliner chair, and a refridgerator in his workshop. The older I get the more attactive it sounds. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #9  
Sorry for your family's issues. hope all goes well.

Too bad its a little far for me too. I'm great at cutting buried cable. I could come help 'cept like I said, Its a bit too far.

Sounds like you have that garage already near capacity.

/ The lovely Mrs_Bob left me . . . #10  
A window unit would actually do the trick for only about $150, my next door neighbor has two used ones in his garage that he paid $20 each for at a garage sale, keeps it nice and cool in there! He leaves them on all night, in fact 24/7 in the summer, works like a charm.............