Loading round bales without tractor?

/ Loading round bales without tractor? #1  

goodoleboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Still looking since thats half the fun!
Ive got some round bales of hay I am planning on selling.Problem is I dont have a tractor or anyway to lift these massive 6ft bales onto a truck or trailer. Any ideas, Ive considered neighbors with tractors but I want to avoid bothering anyone.

I was thinking a hand winch or something similar may work.I have 3 guys imcluding myself who can wrestle these if need be. Man I Liked square bales whole lot better for this reason alone.. Any ideas would be appreciated.

/ Loading round bales without tractor? #2  
My Dad has a tumblebug trailer (that is what he calls it). It is a small trailer he backs up, the electric remote brake causes the trailer to fold in half, a spear grabs the bale and he drives forward, the lever action of the trailer lifts the bale on the trailer. He never leaves the cab. If I find a link I'll add it. They are inexpensive.

/ Loading round bales without tractor? #3  
Think you'd best be botherin the neighbours. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Loading round bales without tractor? #4  
What TxDon has suggested would be great for what his Dad uses it for, but in your case, I think your customers would each need to have one of them.

I'd REALLY suggest you bother a neighbor for their tractor to load those round bales onto any customer's trailer or possibly truck. Remember, you'll be responsible if YOU cause any damage to that customer's trailer or truck while loading with a Jimmy rigged idea, if the customer wants to push it! A neighbor's tractor with FEL bale spear would be the cleanest, safest and simplest way to handle your problem.

/ Loading round bales without tractor? #5  
There are only about 800 ways to get killed loading bales like you suggest. Unfortunatey, there are just as many that will leave you a life long cripple.

I would burn them in place before trying to manhandle them without suitable equipment.

Maybe you can find a buyuer who can load them themselves, even if you charge less for tha bales, it is better than getting hurt....

/ Loading round bales without tractor? #6  
Looks like it's time to visit the local tractor store..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif