Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!!

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #1  

jeffinsgf

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410
Looking out my office window at the first serious rain SW Missouri has seen since May. Driest June on record and second driest July on record. What few showers Springfield has had missed us just 10 miles North. It keeps letting up and then strengthening again. Even in fits and spurts, I'LL TAKE IT!

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #2  
I figured you were seeing rain from just the subject. Congrats!!

Think you can send a little towards us? We're in bad shape.

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!!
Should not have bragged. It stopped about 30 seconds after I sent that post. Now it's just MUGGY.

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #4  
Been pretty dry up here in Michigan too, although we had a real nice rain yesterday and some today. It was a welcomed sight indeed...but just like you...muggy now as I'm typing...arghhhh.

...Tony

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #5  
Tony; It's thunderstorming down here in Monroe right now. We all need the rain. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #6  
Hey! That was MY rain! send it back!

Do you have any pictures of you on that tractor that don't have that silly grin? It is almost like you LIKE it!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #7  
Must have gotten 1" of rain since early this morning. Grass still needs cutting every 5 days. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I do not know what I did to deserve all this rain. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif While John is complaining about not getting enough. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #8  
Amazing it is Soooo different across the US. Out here, it is a rare but occasional thing to see rain from mid-late June thru October or later.

A few years back, I dealt with a company in Ct. I'd call back there in August, when it was 100+ here, and they would have cool temps and rain.

I took my Grandmother back to Missouri 4 years ago, about this time frame. She had never seen where our family had come from(Hickory Coutny Mo, about 1-1/4 hours northe of Springfield in a town called Cross Timbers). We flew out of Sacramento, where it was hot and dry. Got there, and it was warm/muggy. The third day there, it rained pretty good. It caught me off gaurd... Out here, it would mess with the crops bad if it actually rained on them this time of year.

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Tony; It's thunderstorming down here in Monroe right now. We all need the rain. )</font>

....but more importantly...whats it doing in Barton City?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...Tony

/ Oh, Baby! What a Welcome Sight!! #10  
OH BOY I MIGHT GET SOME!!! It's just hangin' there...

Maybe there will be a little left for Springfield..!