Life's small treasures

/ Life's small treasures #11  
Re: Life\'s small treasures

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I was lucky - I only found the skin to this guy, but still startled me upon first glance. )</font>

I know exactly what you mean. I've been working two different times, one in my shed and another in a well house and had a snake skin fall on top of me.

)</font>

I'm glad I'm not the only one who get's suprised just by finding a snake skin in my barn. I came across two yesterday while moving and both times I've jumped. For some reason I keep thinking there's a snake close by because of the skin, even though I know the likelyhood of one hanging around while I'm making all that noise is unlikely. Guess it's an odds thing. He "WAS" there, so that means he could be around someplace close by. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eddie

/ Life's small treasures #12  

getut, Kinda hard to drive that hydro while standing on the seat HUH!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (unless you got cruise) I'm sure I would've needed a change of shorts after that close encounter of the fanged kind... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Life's small treasures #13  

It is ironic really. Like I said.. I am NOT particularly scared of snakes, but the ironic part is that because of that, I have exposed myself to snakes, either playing with them, or using them for practical jokes that I have gotten scared myself quite a few times.

I once put a snake in my bat bag before some softball games. Asked each team mate as they showed to look in my bag, grab a ball and lets warm up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I told this one on the forums once before, I searched but couldn't find it if though.. sorry it is long type for me and read for you, but is funny because I got my due in the biggest way.
My wifes best friend grew up in the deepest darkest depths of Boston. She is deathly afraid of any country critter. We were headed to their house to watch movies and we just so happened to find a small black snake crossing the road. I stopped picked it up and had loads of fun ringing the doorbell at their house and waving the snake in front of her face. She wouldn't let me set it loose in her yard so I put it in the back of my truck just to appease her (thinking that it would just climb out and be on its way).

Fast forward to the next morning. It is fairly cold because its getting late in the season. I start changing oil in the truck and turn around and do other things while it drains. I get distracted and the oil starts missing the pan and runs out all over the floor. I run to the corner of the garage and stick my hand in the bag of oil-sorb and grab the cup that I keep in the bag. I feel something on my thumb and pull my hand out and that blasted snake is clamped on to my thumb wriggling. It scares me half to death and I scream like a girl again. Evidently the thing never dropped completely off the truck at the friends house like I had imagined. It rode home and during the night found the bag of oil-sorb to its liking. It was most definitely the same snake.

I got my due for having that mean streak in me and doing that to my wifes friend.

/ Life's small treasures #14  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I feel something on my thumb and pull my hand out and that blasted snake is clamped on to my thumb wriggling. It scares me half to death and I scream like a girl again. )</font> <font color="blue"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I actually LOL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif good story....

/ Life's small treasures #15  

Yeesh.. gotta post again just move my post count off of that infernal number. Sorry for the off topic useless (to the forum) post.

Edit: I'm over the hump now. Maybe post counts should just skip that number like a building skipping the 13th floor.

/ Life's small treasures #16  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue">
</font>
Reminds me of that age old question....

If a man screams in a forest and there is no one around to hear it, did he make a noise at all? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

No, no, no - you've got the question all wrong. THIS is the question:

If a man makes a statement in a forest, and there's no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif