Hunting season...here we go again...

/ Hunting season...here we go again... #41  
woa!!! hold on there big guy! I thougt maybe some of the real experienced hunters on this board could advise you on shooting as you seem think it is hard to shoot an animal that is in range.... I meant nothing by the real men part.... sorry!

/ Hunting season...here we go again... #42  
You have some valid points. I repeat! If I can get close enough to an animal to take a decent photo I can kill it with a rifle. Hey, I might even make a bad shot once in a hundred.. I have seen deer duck arrows.. I know if you hesitate you miss your shot etc.... but as a general rule if the critter is in range the average shooter can hit the kill zone.. The hard part for me is that I am taking a life, I get the Bambi syndrome.....However one can revert quikly to cave man days if hungry....

/ Hunting season...here we go again... #43  
Calculating your shot? With a scope? Go get ya a nice black powder rifle, either muzzle loading or catridge, and put ya a vernier/tang site on there. That's some shooting /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And don't sell them short; if you keep the barrel clean they can shoot extremely accurately. I have only shot to 200 yards with that setup on a Hawken style rifle; I have an Uncle who shoots at much longer range.

The killing isn't necessarily fun. When I hunt, I hunt for being in the outdoors, and to put meat on the table. I have shot trophy size game, but am not interested in the horns; I like the meat. I like the range fed, no additives meat...

I also like to respect the animal, and the fact that I took it's life to put it on my dinner table. I think it is important to do this, whether on a hunt, or in the grocery store. So many people have completely lost touch with where the meat from the store comes from, how it gets there ect.

/ Hunting season...here we go again... #44  
LMAO........

Guys, I have to say this has become fun reading with the last few posts......

I dont think Great was picking at anyone, I have changed my hunting styles over the years myself. I didnt even take my 06 out of the safe last year, it can put 3 touching holes in a target at 150yds. Not bad for a "cheap Savage" so I've heard.

Anyhow, its too easy sometimes. I have found unless its 200yds or more away, there is just the work of draging and cleaning, little thrill to the hunt for me. Since I hurt my back, I cant sit as long and do alot more still hunting. Talk about a thrill! If you havent killed a buck at 5yds with a revolver, from the ground, you dont know what your missing. I enjoy every aspect of deer season archery, muzzle loading, general gun, whatever. The point here is that it is about being in the outdoors. I could get into shooting pic's too, though I know if I had a camera in my hands rather than a firearm, I would see that once in a lifetime 200 class buck. Thats just my luck. If you dont eat it or enjoy the work that it requires, the sensible thing to do is just take pictures. The closer they are the better the pictures=easier to shoot.

So, like I said, it was an amusing read. Dont think there was any ill intentions.... Enjoy the woods, mother nature can be the best drug, no mater how you administer it.....BTW, I'll be in a tree Saturday morning with my 10yr old, hopefully he'll get one before we have to goto his baseball game..........

/ Hunting season...here we go again... #45  
u da man!! I would like that also...I also plan to attend a cowboy action shooting event soon.. I think that would be a blast....

/ Hunting season...here we go again... #46  
No, I was not trying to get anybody's goat.....pun intended....You talk alot like my brother.... When his boys were young they lived on moose, bison, caraboo(spelling)salmon and halibit(spelling).... now he and the wife mostly eat fish but they did eat the black bear..I think he may have been moose hunting this year. I don't know if he got one.... talk about hard work.... even after he gets them home he processes in the garage.... mostly ground moose.... dang! It is just not the life for me. I prefer golf and scuba!!!! I love shooting though esp handguns....and clays....