How to improve my land??

/ How to improve my land?? #1  

richard_lee

Tractor
Kubota BX2200D
Hello again, the people in the Kubota room were a great help to me and so I am hoping that you can help me also. I have just recently purchased some land and at presant its moorland and not very fertile at all. With retirement looming I have decided to try and dramatically improve this land hoping to turn it into rich pastures (wish). Anyhow, I am soon going to invest in a tractor to do this, but when I get the tractor what do I do. I know the basics but there must be some secret tip, etc. that can help me in my quest for beautiful land. I hope you can help, all replies greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Richard lee (Huddersfield, UK)

/ How to improve my land?? #2  
Mostly out of curiosity, but what has kept others before you from converting it into rich (?) pastures? What does "not very fertile" mean? - lack of nutrients? too many rocks? too wet? Interested in hearing about what you have. Sounds like a good enough excuse (I mean, reason) to buy a tractor, regardless.

/ How to improve my land??
because until now its just been grazing land for sheep as the owner are not interested in it so the simply rent it out to a local farmer. The land has some rocks, some very wet areas and its course moorland grass, and it looks worn and not very nice. And of course its a new hobby for me lol!!!