RFD-TV

/ RFD-TV #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
How many TBN'ers watch RFD-TV and if you do what do you think about the programs?

I ask because I would like to see more shows on the newer tractors. Maybe enough TBN'ers can get the attention of some tractor dealerships and manufactures and get them to sponsor some shows on their tractors.

They could show implements, loaders, tractor does and don'ts,
proper way to use attachments, projects with your tractor.

Anyone know how to contact the programming director, or what state it originates from?

Each brand have their own show and we could have 10 new tractor shows to watch /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ RFD-TV #2  
I do watch it, but only a couple hours or so a week. I like the tractor shows and do wish there were more. They have an abundance of horse related shows which I don't care for. Not that I don't like horses, just that I don't have any. Here is <font color="blue"> their web site. </font>

/ RFD-TV #3  
Don't forget the Big Joe Polka show!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ RFD-TV #4  
We watch probably 3-4 hours a week. They had a Junior High Rodeo finals on recently that was awesome. I usually wind up setting up the programs in DVR and watching them later. We'll watch the trains, horse training, farm report, and stuff like that as well. I think it's a great channel.

/ RFD-TV #5  
My favorite is AG PHD on tuesday night, 8PM eastern time. I get a laugh outta the old Porter Waggoner shows too. Porter Waggoner and Dolly Parton! Now there's a big pair! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ RFD-TV #6  
<font color="blue">( How many TBN'ers watch RFD-TV ) </font>

I watch Mayberry RFD, does that count? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ RFD-TV #7  
I agree with you love AG PHD and Todays AG. I dig Carie Law.
The Wilburn Borthers and Porter Waggoner are great. I'd sure love to see some Hee Haw re-runs.

-dave

/ RFD-TV #8  
We watch it quite a bit. Today, or yesterday, they were showing some auctions of bred heifers. I love livestock auctions. I have attended them since I was about ten years old. I listened live on weekday mornings, around 5 am, to the show called "At the Stockyard." Maybe that's how I got hooked on this TBN & Country stuff... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ RFD-TV #9  
<font color="blue"> The Wilburn Borthers and Porter Waggoner are great. I'd sure love to see some Hee Haw re-runs. </font>

Last time I had it on at my inlaws, I noticed they had a late 1970's episode of Pop Goes the Country, hosted by Ralph Emery sporting a big multi-colored collar and a shaggy beard!

Guest stars that night included Johnny Paycheck and Donna Fargo.

I think Willie Nelson owns the rights to most of the 1960's and 1970's country music type shows. However, I think Viacom may own the rights to HeeHaw and the Statler Brothers show.

/ RFD-TV
I like the old shows as well as the horse and cattle shows which I can only watch if my Jack Russell is not in the same room.
I enjoy the Ag shows as well.

I just think the tractor manufacturers have overlooked a valuable marketing tool with all the hobby farms, and tractor enthusiast that watch RFD-TV.