Large rattlesnake

/ Large rattlesnake #1  

froggy

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.
According to one of my friends that I got this picture from, this snake was found at the old Turkey Creek gas plant located just south of the Alibates Turnoff on Highway 136 south of Fritch Texas (just north of Amarillo).

Last edited:
   / Large rattlesnake #3  
That is a killer diamond back, I've killed a couple of canebreaks and diamondbacks on our property, but none that size....

/ Large rattlesnake #4  
I think this another case of photo deception. Hold the snake on a long pole in front of the camera and stand in the background. Makes it look much larger than it is. Still, it looks like a pretty good size snake.

/ Large rattlesnake
Yeah, regardless of how the photo was set up, that snake didn't lack for food! Would like to see a picture from the side or laid out on the ground.

/ Large rattlesnake #6  
I have to agree with Bill on this.... Big snake, but the picture was taken in a manner that makes it look much bigger than it is.

/ Large rattlesnake #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ... that snake didn't lack for food! )</font>

With a snake that size, they probably didn't have many rats or mice around. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Large rattlesnake #8  
Or cats for that matter.....A mouse or most rats would hardly be worth the trouble for a snake that size /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif maybe a midnight snack /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Large rattlesnake #9  
Maybe you skeptics would like him to drape it around his neck for you ? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Large rattlesnake #10  
<font color="blue"> Maybe you skeptics would like him to drape it around his neck for you ? </font>

That reminds me of a guy I know that use to carry a .25 in his car. One of his friends started teasing him that the .25 was junk, wouldn't dent a pop can, couldn't kill a mouse, etc... The guy with the .25 turned reeeeal mean looking and told him "If I pull out that .25, point it at you, and start shooting, I'll bet you run like a little girl." Well, that was an awkward moment. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif