Rural/Urban Boundary - The farmers got here first!

/ Rural/Urban Boundary - The farmers got here first! #1  

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240 Yanmar YM186D
Here's a photo of text printed on the back of Sonoma County property tax envelopes.

Summary:

"...near an agricultural operation, you must at some times be subject to ... discomfort ... hereby deemed not to constitute a nuisance for purposes of the Sonoma County Code."

Do other places have similar protection for the farmer?

Attachments

• 779744-SonTaxEnv.jpg
    779744-SonTaxEnv.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 933
   / Rural/Urban Boundary - The farmers got here first! #2  
Tulare County for sure has a Right to Farm and I think Fresno County does too. Thankfully! I don't "farm" but I really don't "city" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Rural/Urban Boundary - The farmers got here first! #3  
Don't know how much 'protection' this is, but it certainly is a step to ward off those who move to the country (I presume because they like it) but then want to 'change' it to suit them better.
Good on Sonoma County.

/ Rural/Urban Boundary - The farmers got here first! #4  
We have similar protection offered by the county but our protection goes on to say that the state law may be more stringent.

/ Rural/Urban Boundary - The farmers got here first! #5  
Isn't it a shame that the government has to put this in writing so the city people moving to the country won't make stupid complaints about Country living /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

David

/ Rural/Urban Boundary - The farmers got here first! #6  
I have a vacation/retirement home in northern NH. It's bounded on 3 sides by open fields owned by the farm I grew up next to. 100 head in the '60s, about 1300 now. In July after the first hay cutting the fields are covered with liquid cow manure. In 100 degree heat you can't open the windows, but it's only for 3-4 days( 3 times during the summer). I'm property taxed a 75% surcharge for the "view". I accept the smell as part of farming and without farming I'd the not have the "view", I just wish the tax assessor came on the day after the manure is spread. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif