Busted by the game warden I was....

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #1  

tpost

Bronze Member
Busted by the game warden a couple of weeks back on my own land for driving a tractor with a loaded gun.I was told by the game warden that the reason it is illegal to have a loaded gun while driving a motor vehicle of any type on private or public land is because of safety...I drove my tractor up the hill about 200' from my house to my cousins camping trailer a ,I no sooner got off of my tractor and I heard a vehicle pull in behind me then I seen it was the game warden and he asked if my gun was loaded and I say...yes....and he proceeds to give me my citation.I appear before the magistrate and my fine was $173.00 dollars of which $153 went to court costs...which is ludicrous when all I did was tell her what happened and I agreed to pay,a couple minutes and I was out of there. The magistrate was very kind ...she told she did not know what I had done was illegal and asked me who give me the ticket...and I told here and she just shook her head and mumbled the game wardens name under her breath.

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #2  
She could have thrown the ticket out, it's within her power.

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #4  
Not to start anything here, but what was the warden doing on private land, without an invitation? It would appear that we have some rights left and to do what we want on our own land is one of them.

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #5  
DumbDog,

In some states, don't know if its all states, but wildlife officers can enter anyones LAND to enforce game laws.

Later,
Dan

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #6  
TPOST,

I don't know what law he referred too and obviously it depends on one's state but I think I would have gone to court on this one. I think he his pushing it. It might be the letter of the law but I would have fought it.

Later,
Dan

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #7  
Yep that way in KY, the Game Wardens have probably the most power of any officer in the state.
I wonder if you can carry a rifle on a horse any more ? I have a scabbard / rifle I hang on my tractor for coyotes. Not sure if it is legal here or not. I will ask the fish and game club guy at our next meeting.
Ben

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #8  
I would have told him he was trespassing on my land and to leave immediately. If he wrote me up. I would have fought him in court. This guy sound like Rambo the game warden. I mean really, give me a break here. Your on your own property. Isn't anything sacred anymore.

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #9  
Ouch, thats crazy! I occassionally carry one of my rifles in my FEL and run up the road to my neighbors rifle range, Ill make darn sure it aint loaded now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the tip!

scotty

/ Busted by the game warden I was.... #10  
DOG,
Nice thought, but I have always been told that Game Wardens,Marine Patrol, and US Marshals have near unlimited authority. Far out ranking local police.

Game Wardens dont have to be invited to ticket you for poaching, even if it is on your land. I understand Poaching is not the case here, but there are rules. I totally agree, I would have take it to court, right or wrong. I will still carry a loaded firearm on me while in the woods,season or not. You never know what you'll come accross. However, I do know it is against the law here. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gifDont tell anybody /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif