Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 8N, Ford 850

Default Re: CARS FROM YOUR PAST

Hard to choose just one, but 3 come to mind:

1) 1967 Mustang, 390V-8, 4 spd., no power anything, no AC and not even a radio. Just dropped my 4 track tape player in it. Second fastest car in my high school (so I thought)
    2) 1969 Triumph GT6+ hardtop, no AC either. (I was a sucker for punishment back then driving around in 100 deg. heat in Texas)
    3) 1966 Pontiac GTO, 389V-8, auto, and AIR CONDITIONING (I finally grew up).

Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Remember Cedar Creek Dragway? I think my #1 would be '68 Torino w/428CJ with so much time and $$$ I can't remember, but sure was fast and a lot of fun. #2 '60 Ford Starliner 2dr ht, wasn't fast, but would be a looker today. #3 the first year they came out, 903Z1 Kaw. loose as a goose, but fast enough to scare the daylights out of me even if I was half lit which wasn't often, the lit part, scared me several times. MY MY MY ain't memory lane great. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Of my three, two are cars, one is a truck. They are diametricly opposed; the truck was ugly, beat up, and free. The cars were stock, but clean and ran good.

1 - '74 Roadrunner. It was the last of the real Road Runners. I liked that '73/74 body style the most, even though by '74 the performance was pretty anemic. It handled well though, had room for friends, and also gear in the trunk. I would like to get another some day, and build it with a smallblock and aftermarket 6spd stick.

2 - '79 Trans Am. It was a great car. 10th anniversery model, and completely decked out. It was a Ca car though, with the 403/auto instead of the 400. It was stock, but still got in to it pretty good. It looked nice in black, with the t-tops and all, although the original paint would have been silver for the anniversery model.

3 - '64 Ford F100. It was given to my Dad by a friend. It was beat up, with dents, and various primer spots. Had a 292/2v with a three on the tree. Sometimes the shifter would jam. Had to reach next to the exhaust manifold and shimmy it loose. Got burnt a couple times doing that. The engine was so worn, that at idle, the oil pressure dropped to zero; if you revved it up, the oil pressure gauge acted like a tach [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] It ran good though. It was a great starter truck. Couldn't hurt it, go good mileage. What did Jimmy Buffet say, "Can I get an Amen for a $100 pickup truck!"

Platinum Member

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( *1 1967 El Camino SS396 loaded
    *2 1961 Turbo Charged Corvette (took 5 years to build )and one baby to sell .
    *3 1984 Dodge 4x4 1 ton ( completely rebuilt everything on her ) You could not stop her or overload her . Wish I had her back .

Big Al )</font>Al..If you long too much for the '67 ELKY............I can help you out..............It was last winters project in the shop..................I have other things that I can park there this winter.........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Warren County, VA (Northern Shenandoah Valley)
    Tractor
    Prior: Kubota BX-23, New: Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota ZG23

First Choice, a 1971 Chevelle SS454 that I used to own, Burnt Orange Metallic, White Painted Top, White Stripes, SS Hood. I purchased the car used for $550.00 in 1982, with 82,000 original miles. The car was odd for a Super Sport because it had a factory bench seat with a column shifter/turbo 400 trans. I spent a lot of time restoring this car and even found the original build sheet tucked up on top of the fuel tank, but a time came when I just got tired of spending so much time working on the car. I sold the car to a guy in Delaware, he indicated that it was the best original example that he had seen out of the dozens of cars he looked at before purchasing mine. I'm sure he still probably has the car.

Second, The car I had before the 71'. A 1966 Chevelle SS396, nothing really special, but for a 17 year old high school kid, the car was really nice. Memories of this car sparks memories of a time mostly forgotten.

Third, 2003 Ford Mustang GT, currently sits in my garage. Fun car to drive, probably just as fast as my other "muscle" cars but this one can actually make a fast turn [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. This is my third Mustang GT, good package for little money, future plans include a superchager and transmission change (six speed).

Jim

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX2230

The CFO says her choice would be the '63 Falcon Ranchero but without the on purpose fanbelt squeal or the name of her dad's service station on the door.

Mine would be the '75 Vette I got new and still have it. 2nd choice would be the 73 Duster I had, but this time with air. It was a good size for me, real comfortable. A good road car. Bought it new and wore it out (and rusted badly) and sent it to the crusher. Sad day.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

<font color="blue"> 1* #1 59 Pontiac
    2*#4 57 Chevy Convertible
    </font> BobReeves
    <font color="blue"> ============== </font>
    1*One of Pontics sharpest looking cars in those days,
    The 410 Cubic Inch V 8 was a hot engine. It was a very popular motor to soup up for hot rods and race cars. Read in a hot rod Mag. back then where one of these souped up engines developed 410 HP.
    In those days getting one horse power per cubic inch was quite an achievement.

2*A guy I went to high school with bought a new 57 Chevy Bel Air hard top while we were in school. He still has it just like the day it was new.
    Probably the only one owner one like it in the country.
    This guy specializes in restoring 57 Chevys.
    Last time I heard he had 7 or 8 of them. At least one of them is a Convertible.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 8N, Ford 850

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Remember Cedar Creek Dragway? I think my #1 would be '68 Torino w/428CJ with so much time and $$$ I can't remember, but sure was fast and a lot of fun. #2 '60 Ford Starliner 2dr ht, wasn't fast, but would be a looker today. #3 the first year they came out, 903Z1 Kaw. loose as a goose, but fast enough to scare the daylights out of me even if I was half lit which wasn't often, the lit part, scared me several times. MY MY MY ain't memory lane great. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )</font>

Yea, but it's in Texas, next to Cedar Creek Lake. ???

The most infamous one around N. Texas is the old Yellow Belly Dragstrip that was in Grand Prairie. Had lotsa fun at that one.

Steve

Yep, Steve, but you misspelled it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Their "official" website is here. I haven't raced there since I was 19; i.e., 46 years ago and I still find it hard to believe I was that dumb, even as a teenager. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I don't think they've had a killing out there in over a year, but it's always been bad enough that neither Dallas nor Grand Prairie want to include it in their city limits. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1602D

Mine would be my '70 Dino Ferrari. I found it in a guy's garage with a blown engine and rebuilt it thru he winter in that freezi cold garage.
    I still have my '69 XK-E...........
    This isn't my Dino, but mine looked exactly like this..

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast