CARS FROM YOUR PAST

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #41  
This is my E-Type Jag.........

Attachments

• 791490-night photo.jpg
    791490-night photo.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 161
   / CARS FROM YOUR PAST #42  
Ahhhhhhh...the Dino Ferrari! My favorite Ferrari of all time (although Enzo did not allow it to wear the Ferrari name plate)! That one should have had the 2.4L engine...much better then the 2.0L.
I had a Fiat Dino coupe while stationed in Italy. Nice car, but not my favorite. If I could have found a Fiat Dino Spyder, I'm sure I'd of kept it though...they were really sweet. Neither Fiat versions (all the Dino's were built by Fiat...Ferrari didn't have the build capacity) were as beautiful as the Dino Ferrari, but were much more affordable. You'd be surprised how cheap used Ferraris, Maseratis and Lamboes were in Italy (at leat in the 70's).
Boy, sure wish I'd brought one of the Dino's back (with a couple spare cars for parts!) when my tour was up!

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
3rd my 53 Henry J with a full race ford v8 flathead, ported, relieved, strocked and bored. )</font>

My uncle used to occasionaly buy a car fix it up some and sell it.
One of those was a H J. That thing hardly had enough power to start out in low gear. He called it a Hunka Junk.
Looks like you solved the power problem with yours.lol

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 1st best car was 1941 Studebaker-champion
2nd best car was 1949 Chevrolet - deluxe
3rd best car was 1956 Chevrolet- 2 door hard top convertible.
Of the 3 cars, the 56 was the best and missed the most.
It was the first new car I ever bought. Thought I died and
went to heaven with that thing. Automatic transmission-WOW,
White sidewall tires, fender skirts, rear aerial, vinyl seats.
fender lights, curb finders, headlight scoops.& don't remember
if anything else. Never forget that car! Thanks for bumping my memory. )</font>
1* 2nd best car was 1949 Chevrolet - deluxe
2* 56 Chevy

1* I've had 3 of the 1949 to 1950 Chevys. My dad also had a really nice gray 50 Chevy 4 door sedan. Loved them all.
Bought my first car when I was 17 in 1958. It was a Green 1950 Chevy 4 door sedan.
Paid 250 bucks for it and it had 80000 miles on it.
Lots of memories fun times events and stories involving that car.
Bought several other cars between then and 1964 but I always kept the 50 Chevy.
Got married in 1964 and shortly afterward bought and exceptionally nice rust free low mileage 1949 Chevy. Think I paid 400 dollars for it. Same color as the 1950 Chevy.I got my only traffic ticket in that car. I think me and the other driver were the only 2 cars in town at that early hour. One ticket in 49 years of driving hain't bad.
In 1965 I bought my first new car a VW bug Which later resulted in my making 2 mistakes. A- I sold the 49 Chevy with only 44000 miles on it. and B- I sold my 1960 Chevy Impala convertible.
I really missed those 49 and 50 Chevys. So one day in the summer of 1979 I decided that if I ever ran onto a decent 50 Chevy I was going to buy it. As luck would have it about a week or two later I was driving out a gravel road about 12 to 15 miles from home when I spotted a car in this yard.
I said that looks like a 49 or 50 Chevy. As we got closer I said it's a 50 Chevy and My WIFE Exclaimed there's a for sale sign in the window. <font color="red"> BINGO </font> .
I'm the 3rd Owner of it. It has less than 40000 miles on it. It's all original with good paint and interior.
No rust or dents.
An elderly lady in Cambridge Oh. bought the car new up there. She didn't drive it much and when she got to old to drive it she had somebody take her around in it some.
She sold it to her nephew when she was 90 and about a year later I bought it from him for $2200 He wanted $2500. He only put about 1000 miles on it.

The only noticeable visible difference between the 1949 sand 1950 Chevys is the slight change in the grill taillights and trunk handle.

2*My favorite Chevys are

Wouldn't one of each of these make a great collection?

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #45  
I think it was my third car. 65 mustang convertible. Blue in color with a white roof. Great summer cruizing car. I don't know much about history /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif but I sure remember that car.

In the catagory Cars I just can't love. That would be my 2 present cars. 98 toyota T100 and a 2002 siena mini van. I can't put my finger on it cause they don't give me any trouble and they do their jobs well but I just don't love them.

In the catagory Cars that call to me. I love the look of those BMW 740IL but I hear they are among the least reliable cars ever made. I guess it sort of makes them a status symbol cause you have to be rich to keep them on the road.

Chris

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #46  
First choice would be a tough one, but I'll go with the '65 GTO. 389 ci, three duces, Muncie four speed, 4.11 posi rear, and a host of other goodies, as well as too small a gas tank.

A very close second would be the '64 Impala SS. 327 ci 300hp stock motor. Auto tranny. Go fast with good fuel mileage and dependability.

Third would be my first car, a '57 Chevy. It was a project car that never really got on the road.

My first driveable car was a '62 Chevy Biscayne with a six cylinder and three speed. Just a good old car. After the '64 SS I was pretty much in the married man mode and those vehicles were quite forgetable.

Tom

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 1.) 1957 Ford 2 door sedan. 312 V8 2x4 with factory McCulloch supercharger, 3 speed overdrive. I have never seen another one.

)</font>
One of the worst hot rodders in high school had a beautiful brown and yellow 57 ford fairlane.but not for long as it didn't take him very long to tear it up.
I let him drive my 50 chevy and he almost ran it off the road and down over a steep bank. That was the first and last time ole Tom ever drove one of my cars.

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST
<font color="blue">1* First Choice, a 1971 Chevelle SS454 that I used to own, Burnt Orange Metallic, White Painted Top, White Stripes, SS Hood. I purchased the car used for $550.00 in 1982, with 82,000 original miles.
2*Second, The car I had before the 71'. A 1966 Chevelle SS396 SS396
********************** </font>
1*I had a 1971 Chevelle Malibu Convertible. Bought it new for $3300.oo. Classic Copper and a white top Very sharp looking car. V8 3 speed on the column
2* Wifes parents had a nice A little 1966 Chevelle sedan.

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #49  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
In the catagory Cars I just can't love. That would be my 2 present cars. 98 toyota T100 and a 2002 siena mini van. I can't put my finger on it cause they don't give me any trouble and they do their jobs well but I just don't love them.)</font>

I know what you mean. I have an '89 Dodge Spirit I bought in '99 from the neighbor's mom's estate. It runs good, gives me very little trouble for the miles. When it needs parts they are unbelievably cheap, must be millions of K cars out there. I got it at 60k miles, now has 150k miles. But as you said, no excitement. I usually don't name vehicles. My Corvette I just refer to as the '75. The bikes don't have names but for some reason I named the Spirit, I call it "Maytag" because it's white, square and an appliance.

By the time I sent it to the junkyard it will probably be the most economical car per mile I have ever owned, adjusted for inflation.

I help my old cars keep running by driving them past the crusher and telling them that is their next home. They get the idea and keep running right.

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST
<font color="blue"> First Choice would be my 1956 Mercury Montclair convertible. </font>

**** <font color="red"> ******* </font> ****
A friend of mine had a sharp black 1956 Mercury that won him several trophies when we were in the ONG back in the mid to late 60s. The 55 and 56 Mercs were nice looking cars.
He later acquired a pink and white 55 Ford fairlane and a 59 Ford retractable hard top