What should I do to install a furance?

/ What should I do to install a furance? #1  

JohnBoy45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800DT
Hi, My furance is 54,000 BTU and it's moblie home Electric one made by Miller. Outlet and inlet can be made to be on bottom or on the top of unit. Is it better to have the hot air outlet on top blowing out onto the ceiling or should it blow out from the bottom which is on the floor? I have no floor or ceiling vents install. Just one big pipe coming out for the intake and outlet. My room is one big room of 600 sq ft. height of ceilings is 8ft. Should I have cold air return pipes spread out in the floor of the room?

Thanks, Terry

/ What should I do to install a furance? #2  
Heat rises, I would always have my cold air return on the top. if you can get your heat registers on the floor or lower part of the room and at the other side from the cold air return, you will have more even heating. Gary

/ What should I do to install a furance? #3  
TERRY,
PUT the plentum on the bottom,i got a old house furnace in my garage,with it on top,and its hard to heat down low.I also have a miller trailer furnace for backup in the house.DONT forget to run an air vent to give the furnace air to work properly.Dont forget the fire button above it,for safety as well as a safety light switch,also the lead matic valve inline to stop fires from spreading to a fuel tank.ALL this is so important for a safe hookup,and most furnace people wont work on it if it aint got these things
ALAN

/ What should I do to install a furance? #4  
Terry,

I have a Miller 86,000 BTU oil furnace for my home. The heat comes out of the top where the blower sits and it is directed into ductwork plenum down the back of the furnace to the ductwork under the flooring. Its a ranch style similar to a doublewide. The ductwork is shaped like an H with floor registers and dampers for each room. One side does the front and the other the back of the house. Its best to heat your home from the bottom up and cool from the top down.

George