Dakota Alert Wireless Rubber Hose Alert 3000

/ Dakota Alert Wireless Rubber Hose Alert 3000 #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
Does anyone have a Dakota Alert Wireless Rubber Hose Alert 3000? The description sounds like it would only sense vehicles and it seems like it would never miss. If anyone has one, then I'm interested in knowing:

1) Does it ever miss a vehicle? If so, what vehicles (size, weight, etc)?

2) Does it work in cold weather?

3) How fast does it use up batteries?

Thanks!

/ Dakota Alert Wireless Rubber Hose Alert 3000 #2  
i don't have the rubber hose model you mentioned, but i bought one of their motion detecting models, it was terribly expensive and didn't last near as long as the cheaper "reporter" model i have now. i don't see how a rubber hose model could miss a vehicle, so that would be a good idea: i've tried several motion and metal detecting brands, and they all miss vehicles
heehaw

/ Dakota Alert Wireless Rubber Hose Alert 3000 #3  
I have the wireless probe alert. I turn the sensitivity up in the winter, at least when there's snow and ice on the drive, and down during thunderstorm season and it works great. Never misses a vehicle and can't get plowed up.

/ Dakota Alert Wireless Rubber Hose Alert 3000 #4  
Hey, Danny. I, too, would be interested to hear from someone who owns one of these units. I wonder how they compensate for the change in temperature/ pressure inside the hose. It is going to go off when the sun hits that black tubing and the air inside warms up and expands?
My wireless setup is not reliable; missing vehicles, and going off for no reason. It is the type that senses the change in magnetic field. Or supposed to.

/ Dakota Alert Wireless Rubber Hose Alert 3000 #5  
We have an old color security camera pointed down the drive with a surplus video motion detector. It never misses and when the door bell dings we just look at the monitor to see who/what is coming. Built the whole thing myself for under $100.00 using surplus/eBay equipment. I did build a timer to ding the door bell as the output of the motion detector holds for a full second which is too long for a door bell.

One thing I have noticed about eBay is professional video gear typically goes for pennies on the dollar unlike some categories where I see stuff selling for more than it can be bought new.