What kind of egg?

/ What kind of egg? #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Otis was out for an hour or so today. Wife was out playing with him when he went to & returned from a mud puddle with this.

She thought it was his tennis ball until she had it in her hand. Clearly he's gentle with things as there isn't a scratch on it that we noticed.

Any idea what might be brewing inside it?

Duck?
Turkey?
Mothra?
Godzilla?

Attachments

• 862555-tbn egg2.JPG
    862555-tbn egg2.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 376
   / What kind of egg? #3  
Maybe we can get a better look at it cleaned up, just really hard to say with mud all over it. Did you put a light (100watt or so) to it and see if anything is ready to come out?

/ What kind of egg?
We did nothing to it. I'll be happy to clean it up later (after home from work)

Never thought of the light behind it thing...will do it too...

/ What kind of egg?
Couldn't wait til I got home...DRATS, I forgot to illuminate it from behind.

oh well, at least here is a pic next to a "grade A large" egg and a tape measure. I hope Godzilla won't be ticked off for my shaking him up under the faucet /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Attachments

• 862771-tbn tape1.JPG
    862771-tbn tape1.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 296
   / What kind of egg?
Looks to me like it's about 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Shell is hard like egg next to it, as opposed to leathery. Then again, we don't have too many reptiles around here that I'm aware of (though my wife might disagree with that statement as she looks at ME /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)

Attachments

• 862772-tbn tape2.JPG
    862772-tbn tape2.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 194
   / What kind of egg? #7  
Seems like a good time for a small incubator and a little test.

/ What kind of egg? #8  
I would put money on it being a goose egg.

/ What kind of egg? #10  
Are you in town or in the country? If in town, near a golf course or city park lake...I would bet on a wild goose. If in the country, wild turkey perhaps? Then again a preemy Mothra is always a possibility.