Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #1  

rox

Veteran Member
There have been a few neighbor threads so I thought I would share mine. Seems the $WD Goldini tactor would not go in 4WD. Ny hsuband spoke to our neighbor who is a retired mechanic and he said he knew jsut what it was, that he had fixed the tractor for the previous owners of our porperty.

He hahd to take of the tires and then there was this big gear thing he took off. It was shaped like a cone and I think there were some little ball bearings inside. My hsuband got the replacement part at 1,300 Euros and our neighbor jsut finished putting everything back together today.

What a blessing to have a nice neighbor like that. My hsuband offered him $$$ but he refused. So I'm looking in the fridg last night deciding what to make for diner and I decide Mexican, then I think well why not invite the neighbor Claude and his live in girlfriend? I remembered reading so many topics about you kind folks how you help your neighbors and what you expect or don't expect in return and what you appreciate.

Over here there are very few casual "come on over for burgers". If you invite people over you lay out a really nice spread. I was taking a chance by on the spur of the moment inviting them for Mexican since it is such casual dining. Plus it was around 6:30 when I invited him and once he accepted I ahd to go out for more ingredients. They came over at 8:15 and Nico warmed them up with Margaritas. They never had tequila before. I knew enough to make appetizers, noby would ever have you over and not serv appetizers, so I made Chicken Quessidas for apps.

Causal diner of tostadas and soft shell tacos and a bottle of rosé wine and I think they received out small thank you really well. They didn't even know what Mexican was so it was a dinning adventure for them. We had them over for diner last year and my hsuband put out a fabulous diner so this was our second invite to our terrific neighbors.

All your posts of advice on how to say thank you for a skill or some tractoring, really hit home with me. This neighbor has helped my hsuband several times, how to turn back on all the irrigation lines in the spring etc. He moved and replanted 12 trees for us while were were inthe states over Christmas. For that we gave him Diesel fuel, he has a machine like a Bobcat.

We are very fortunate to have this good neighbor and it ws a pleasure to have him over and jsut realx a bit together. Thanks for posting you reinforced and motivated me to do something I probably wuld have done anyway but by reading the previous topics from all you "givers" out there I jsut knew a simple meal and good company was a nice way to say thanks.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor
There have been a few neighbor threads so I thought I would share mine. Seems the $WD Goldini tactor would not go in 4WD. Ny hsuband spoke to our neighbor who is a retired mechanic and he said he knew jsut what it was, that he had fixed the tractor for the previous owners of our porperty.

He hahd to take of the tires and then there was this big gear thing he took off. It was shaped like a cone and I think there were some little ball bearings inside. My hsuband got the replacement part at 1,300 Euros and our neighbor jsut finished putting everything back together today.

What a blessing to have a nice neighbor like that. My hsuband offered him $$$ but he refused. So I'm looking in the fridg last night deciding what to make for diner and I decide Mexican, then I think well why not invite the neighbor Claude and his live in girlfriend? I remembered reading so many topics about you kind folks how you help your neighbors and what you expect or don't expect in return and what you appreciate.

Over here there are very few casual "come on over for burgers". If you invite people over you lay out a really nice spread. I was taking a chance by on the spur of the moment inviting them for Mexican since it is such casual dining. Plus it was around 6:30 when I invited him and once he accepted I ahd to go out for more ingredients. They came over at 8:15 and Nico warmed them up with Margaritas. They never had tequila before. I knew enough to make appetizers, noby would ever have you over and not serv appetizers, so I made Chicken Quessidas for apps.

Causal diner of tostadas and soft shell tacos and a bottle of rosé wine and I think they received out small thank you really well. They didn't even know what Mexican was so it was a dinning adventure for them. We had them over for diner last year and my hsuband put out a fabulous diner so this was our second invite to our terrific neighbors.

All your posts of advice on how to say thank you for a skill or some tractoring, really hit home with me. This neighbor has helped my hsuband several times, how to turn back on all the irrigation lines in the spring etc. He moved and replanted 12 trees for us while were were inthe states over Christmas. For that we gave him Diesel fuel, he has a machine like a Bobcat.

We are very fortunate to have this good neighbor and it ws a pleasure to have him over and jsut realx a bit together. Thanks for posting you reinforced and motivated me to do something I probably wuld have done anyway but by reading the previous topics from all you "givers" out there I jsut knew a simple meal and good company was a nice way to say thanks.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #3  
Sounds like a great meal. You're making me hungry! I've often wondered if the Europeans like Mexican food.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #4  
Sounds like a great meal. You're making me hungry! I've often wondered if the Europeans like Mexican food.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #5  
Rox,

When I help out a friend I never take money. It's not why I'm there. But when they offer or invite me over for a meal, I always accept and appreciate the offer.

Nothing says thankyou better than a home cooked meal with good friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #6  
Rox,

When I help out a friend I never take money. It's not why I'm there. But when they offer or invite me over for a meal, I always accept and appreciate the offer.

Nothing says thankyou better than a home cooked meal with good friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #7  
I have family members who don't even do something like you did. They expect it almost. I'm sure the gesture was well taken.

Good to hear a happy ending for once. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #8  
I have family members who don't even do something like you did. They expect it almost. I'm sure the gesture was well taken.

Good to hear a happy ending for once. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( got the replacement part at 1,300 Euros )</font>

I'm not really up on currency, but isn't that like 2600 American??

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( got the replacement part at 1,300 Euros )</font>

I'm not really up on currency, but isn't that like 2600 American??