The big wind...

/ The big wind... #1  

GlueGuy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
The storm that hit the west coast on Saturday was a humdinger. They reported winds of 87 mph a little ways from us, and we are higher & more exposed. I guestimate that they must have been 90+ mph.

It showed. A section of our roof (roughly 8x8) got torn off. The debris flew over that section of the house, and impacted another section and broke the skylight. The damage is easily $2K or $3K, but we'll know more today after a contractor looks at it.

The winds last night were fierce, but considerably lower (maybe 70 mph). No further damage, but the buckets on the floor are filling fast!

Anybody else on the west coast get hit?

The GlueGuy

/ The big wind... #2  
Sorry to hear that, Bill. Hope it isn't too bad getting it fixed.

BirdSig.jpg

/ The big wind... #3  
We had big wind here last night too. It got so bad the wife got up and went in the other bedroom to sleep. She said her eyes were burning and she couldn't catch her breath. Brown fog can be a real moving experience sometimes.

Joe W.

/ The big wind... #5  
Hi Terry,
I don't know if ominous is the right word for it, maybe debilitating would be closer. Probably would be good to flush out the caves in Afganistan. I know I can clear a room pretty quickly after a meal of chili. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Joe W.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Joe_W on 11/29/01 03:33 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ The big wind... #6  
OK, Joe, some of us, including me of course, were just a little slow catching on./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ The big wind... #7  
Man, I didn't get it either until I read bird's reply.

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-85239-int2500b.jpg

/ The big wind... #8  
Joe

I bet you can't blow the roof off though !!!!!!

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue> /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ The big wind... #9  
I've been had............./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ The big wind... #10  
Real sheet raiser, was it? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

tractor.gif