Taking responsabilty for my actions.

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions. #1  

63DH8

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1725M Bolens TX 1504 (G154) 1957 John Deere 420C crawler
I've always been one to take responsibility for my action, especially when I step on my third appendage...

I would like to extend my sincerest apology to anyone who was offended by my post where I had a picture of myself comparing it to two pictures of the leader of the Hezbollah. A friend of mine mentioned I look like the guy and I was shocked to realize how much I do look like him. Afterwards, I thought it was kind of funny that I look like him and thought the members of this site would also find the similarity as funny as I did. As for my comment about bringing Jihad on the drivers in the Seattle rush hour traffic, you'd understand my frustration if you were stuck behind some latte swilling soccer mom with a cell phone glued to her ear while she's driving 15 miles under the speed limit in the passing lane. Anyone who drives in Seattle traffic will attest to this happening.

My post had only the intent to point out the similarity between my picture and the leader of the Hezbollah. How anyone can make the leap in logic between that intent and making a racist post was beyond me, but it happened. If that could happen, then I need to be more aware that there are those who can and be more sensitive to the state of political correctness of those around me. For that, I apologize. (meaning I apologize for not being sensitive to the feelings of those around me and for offending anyone)

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions. #2  
I didn't see your post, but also know that some people take offense to the most inocent comments and feed off of their own indignation. Mostly I let them live there life of anger and frustration and move forwards with what I'm doing. It's sad that you feel the need to make this post, but I respect you for it. I've always been amazed that those who complain and tell everyone else what to do are the ones who never recognize how offensive and rude they are by forcing their views on others.

Eddie

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions. #3  
Okey Dokey! Now go find some good coffee! :)

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions. #4  
There is something that happens genetically in large populations of people... there seem to be folks that look like other folks... widely separated in global space. I experienced this myself.

I spent 2 years in Honduras among both the local population and lots of Americans that were staying/working there. When I returned to Texas there were many, many times that I would stop stock still... totally shocked... looking at somebody who "shouldn't" be there...... somebody that looked almost exactly like someone back in Honduras..... Their face would be very similar, skin tone, body size and walk... it amazed me each time it happened.

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions.
I grew up as a military brat on military bases. My friends came from all races and nations around the world. Because of this, to me, the color of one's skin or where the person's ancestors originated made as much difference as the color of one's hair. What mattered more was if the other child's parent was military (or prior service) or civilian. In my mind back then was, why wouldn’t anyone want to give back to their nation what their nation gave to them? What’s two or four years of their lives compared to what the Country gives them in their lifetime?

When I was deployed to Saudi Arabia back in 1990, I made friends with a Syrian truck driver. Between him and the Iraqis I met when I crossed the border (not to mention the Russians I’ve met since the Wall fell), I realized not many people fit stereotypes. Most everyone who I met wanted about the same things as everyone else I've met around the world (I've lived in West Germany, Denmark, Japan, and visited Holland, Canada, Italy, and Mexico). All they want is to raise their family, enjoy their children, provide enough for their family where their family is happy, and have the Government leave them alone. So, when I was informed someone took the post in another way than what I intended, I was shocked. I really wish people would learn to take what people say and write in the way the author intended, instead of the way they want to take what was said. That makes me question the state of mind of the individual who took the written or spoken word wrong. However, people are the product of their experiences as they travel through life. They are going to react to things in accordance to how they were raised and what experiences they went through in life. Although they may not realize this, I do. Because I do, I should take this into consideration when I post or say something. Me pappy always told me to take the high road when I could!
xyxthumbs.gif
So be it! :)

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions.
Almost forgot... I would like to thank the admin for pulling that post. I think it's best if there were members who were offended.
xyxthumbs.gif

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions. #8  
No harm, no foul.

All of us say things from time to time that we'd just as soon not have said. (Like "I do"..... ) (I didn't say that if my wife should ask you ;) )

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions. #9  
You apologized. No drive by shooting for you!
Bob

/ Taking responsabilty for my actions. #10  
oh heaven for bid sombody says someting not everyone likes. come onn ppl is the usa where we still have a freedome of speach!!
ok i am off my soap box