Should I use this for water storage?

/ Should I use this for water storage?
3RRL said:
Tom,
Do you have any pictures of the barn build process yet? I'd like to see them. LOL...I figure there's a real good chance my barn will end up looking exactly like yours...:D :) :rolleyes: (since you gave me your plans)

Rod,

I'll take pictures of the progress and post on my barn pics thread here. The estimates from contractors were way too much for a barn. For some reason, they think that we are millionaires from the city with a unlimited budget.:D :D The building boom in the area is keeping them busy with no shortage of work. So, they are charing a premium to build anything right now. So, I decided to build it myself. It will be slow but I know it will be done right. I'm making a few changes to the plan. Add a balcony and separate entrance to the 2nd story with potential to convert into an apartment or guest quarter later.

Tom

/ Should I use this for water storage? #22  
stumpfield said:
Rob,

I'll take pictures of the progress and post on my barn pics thread here. The estimates from contractors were way too much for a barn. For some reason, they think that we are millionaires from the city with a unlimited budget.:D :D The building boom in the area is keeping them busy with no shortage of work. So, they are charing a premium to build anything right now. So, I decided to build it myself. It will be slow but I know it will be done right. I'm making a few changes to the plan. Add a balcony and separate entrance to the 2nd story with potential to convert into an apartment or guest quarter later.

Tom
Tom,
LOL...you forget we are friends and you ARE a millionaire!!! I've seen your house and all your toys and your rural property is bigger than my town..hahaha:D

/ Should I use this for water storage? #23  
um.....550 gallons of water weighs about 5500 lbs. I hope u don't have a half ton pu. I think a one ton pu would be needed for one container.. I once put a pallet of used railroad ties on a half ton GMC. It layed that thing down but it was a rental and it made it 12 miles...Hair loosing day.......that was....

/ Should I use this for water storage? #24  
I now see some guys did a better job of calculating then I did previous to my post. Still the point is your truck will prob only be able to haul one at a time and u may not be able to fill it all the way.....

/ Should I use this for water storage? #25  
I have several barrel that were used to hold orange drink. I have never been able to get the orange smell out. Water is fine to drink but does have a slight orange smell.