DANG CATS

/ DANG CATS #1  

wickedinhere

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800/LA463
I have had an out break of cats showing up at my home this week. I have seen one kitten that was so skinny it was sad i put him out of his misery. Last night i went out side and heard another cat that sounded very bad come to find out it was under my truck and couldnt move. I moved the truck and put him down also so i decided to set my small animal trap. This morning i had a tom cat in the trap
with no collar of course and he didnt like me very much. I have no idea where there coming from so i guess i will just keep trapping them till there all gone. The reason i dont want them around here is cause they poop in my front yard and my dogs eat it and it makes them sick and i dont want any vet bills if the cats harm my small dogs. Does anyone else have problems with other peoples animals?:mad:

/ DANG CATS #2  
I have a problem with barn cats - I've lost count of how many we have. BUT - I haven't seen a mouse in 10 years :)

My only complaint (the dogs actually leave them alone) is that when they have kittens, sometimes they (the kittens) will get up under the hood of my truck or on the axle of my wife's car. We have run over several this way and I have taken more than one on a early morning ride of over 10 miles at highway speeds. Pretty bizare pulling into a gas station right off the highway at 5:00 AM and seeing cats scatter from under your truck as soon as you stop. :rolleyes:

Last fall, much to my surprise - and their's I might add, I had several of them taking advantage of a warm Duramax Diesel engine. When I started her up, there was all kinds of thumping and the motor sounded terrible. I thought I had thrown a rod or something! I shut her off and popped the hood only to see fur wafting up from the engine compartment and 2 kittens scattering. I had to get the hose out and spray 2 more of them to get them out from the motor compartment. About a week later - a warm day - I come out to my truck at lunch time and see a mess of flies buzzing around and notice a horrible smell. Sort of reminded me of the movie The Amityville Horror. :confused: When I got home I had to climb up underneath with a flashlight and a pair of long handled pliers to extract the decomposing and maggot infested remains from the fan cowling. :mad: I almost puked! :eek:

/ DANG CATS #3  
How about a thread that focuses on recipies? :eek: Seems to me that would resolve the problem in due course.

/ DANG CATS #4  
Holy- moly Get some big ole dogs, and I mean real big, You know like really big!!! That should take care of the problem! Cats hate to walk around in dog poop!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

/ DANG CATS
The last place i lived at i always had peoples cats in my yard doin there business
till one morning one of the cats attacked my dog lets just say i took care of him with my bbq pit wire brush. It makes me mad that there people have animals but dont keep them in there own yard and they probably dont have none of there shots. Well when they come over here from now on i make sure to give them all of the shots lol. Where i was before i couldnt shoot them but now that i have 5 acres and no neighbors very close i can do what i please.

/ DANG CATS #6  
In all seriousness, wild cats are a big problem in some areas. Wisconsin has debated opening hunting seasons for cats. Wild cats are simply barn cats and house cats that have been allowed to run free. They are destroying some of the bird populations. We had a neighbor about a 1/2 mile down the road who had a dozen cats under his porch, the eventually spread out to the woods, and eventually down to our property. We used to find things that looked like explosions of pheasant feathers where the cats would get a bird. What really got me mad was when we had a nesting timberdoodle that was killed by a cat.

Now we live with the aftermath, the coyote popluation has grown over the past few years.

I have no problem getting rid of them. There is a big difference between a cat that is a house pet and a cat that roams free.

As for dogs, an Akita is effective at controlling the wild cat population. A pair of Akitas is even more effective. :rolleyes:

/ DANG CATS #7  
I guess I don't get it........a cat poops in your yard and it gives you the right to beat it to death with a bbq brush

/ DANG CATS
Well no actually it scratched my pugs eyes and i had to spend about 800 bucks
at the vet and my pug has trouble seeing now and i have to put medicine in her eyes 4 times a week. I guess the cost will just keep adding up as the medicine is about 60 bucks a month. I didnt beat the cat to death i just gave him a little bit of what he gave my pug! Remember it was in my yard where my dog lives not where the cat lives. Do you think the cat owner would have paid for my damages i knew who owner the cat i asked him if it was his cat and he said he just feeds the cat but he does not own the cat. I told him what happened and he acted like he didnt care. What a wonderful cat owner.

/ DANG CATS #9  
I have seen only one feral cat in my area. You can tell a difference in their behavior. My donkey does a good job at keeping all stray dogs and cats away from my property. Personally I dont' agree with pet owners who get cats, then make them live outside to roam free in a high density residential neighborhood. I never owned a cat that was allowed outside, and I believe cats belong on their own property. I also think we as owners should control their reproduction so that we do not create unwanted animals.

Joe

/ DANG CATS #10  
Wicked,

Cats are very clever and insightful critters.

Cats can sense people who do not like them. They do everything in their power to annoy these people. They get their friends and relatives to annoy you. They are usually very successful at their endeavors.

Cats can sense people who really like them. To make themselves even more enticing, they become very illusive.

Love a cat. Life will be better. You'll both win.

Knute

P.S. Your neighbor was right. You cannot "own" a cat. Cats allow you to serve them.