HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Maines capitol store has put in them auto computerized checkouts[i call them:wait for a tellers,cause they dont work for crap]We Wanted to check out less than 10 dollars worth of stuff,saw only auto teller machines and one register.Long lines at auto tellers,because no one could get them to work.So we waited in the only manned line we saw ,only to get there and the teller tell me sorry got 4 auto teller customers to help first.I said keep it then,but my daughter had opened a soda she picked up ,so we had to wait.A clerk told us 6 employees had quit recently,staff was all new and in training ,several employees had returned to college and these new machines to replace tellers didnt work for crap.So not only do you have mostly clueless people,on the floor who arent any help,you cant even wait on yourself,and find a person to check you out!I will not ever return there,i will go to the old fashion lumber/hardware company up the street and deal with a human being at a cash register,even if it cost slightly more.The small competetors are advertising, saying their employees have been there 10,20 even 30 years.That experience is worth shopping with them in stead in my book.aND YOU KNOW WHAT? THE NAIL GUN I JUST BOUGHT WAS NOT CHEAPER AT HOME DEPOT!!
ALAN
ALAN

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #2  
I'll second that, I went thru with 10 items the system froze 3 times and I had to wait for store help to come. NEVER AGAIN!!

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #3  
The automated check out at my local Home Depot work fine. I have never seen anyone have problems with them.

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #4  
escavader said:
Maines capitol store has put in them auto computerized checkouts[i call them:wait for a tellers,cause they dont work for crap]We Wanted to check out less than 10 dollars worth of stuff,saw only auto teller machines and one register.Long lines at auto tellers,because no one could get them to work.So we waited in the only manned line we saw ,only to get there and the teller tell me sorry got 4 auto teller customers to help first.I said keep it then,but my daughter had opened a soda she picked up ,so we had to wait.A clerk told us 6 employees had quit recently,staff was all new and in training ,several employees had returned to college and these new machines to replace tellers didnt work for crap.So not only do you have mostly clueless people,on the floor who arent any help,you cant even wait on yourself,and find a person to check you out!I will not ever return there,i will go to the old fashion lumber/hardware company up the street and deal with a human being at a cash register,even if it cost slightly more.The small competetors are advertising, saying their employees have been there 10,20 even 30 years.That experience is worth shopping with them in stead in my book.aND YOU KNOW WHAT? THE NAIL GUN I JUST BOUGHT WAS NOT CHEAPER AT HOME DEPOT!!
ALAN
ALAN

I have resorted to using the auto checker almost exclusively. Have had pretty good luck other then "unauthorized item in the bagging area" come up especially when my kid is with me. They always have someone right there though to get it straightened out. I like to use them when everyone ele is piled up at the registers.

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT
_RaT_ said:
I have resorted to using the auto checker almost exclusively. Have had pretty good luck other then "unauthorized item in the bagging area" come up especially when my kid is with me. They always have someone right there though to get it straightened out. I like to use them when everyone ele is piled up at the registers.
What registers? The only manned register i saw was the one where the only clerk worked from.Mabey us rednecks up here in the sticks aint ready for them fancy dandy computerized checkouts.It didnt look as though any one was having a smooth time at it . Mabey we would all learn to use them ,but WHY BOTHER?,I dont mind good customer service served elsewhere.I guess it would be a better experience than the gas station atendant i had with the lip rings,eye rings ,bone and the tounge,who couldnt count back change,and didnt know his ...from two cents in change...but thats another topic.
ALAN

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #6  
I've had good luck with the auto check outs at Home Depot and Walmart. I find I can get out faster using it. Even when I have a problem, there's always been somebody right there to take over and fix it.

The registers with a human cashier seem to be allot slower due to people checking out with problems. They are writing a check, the item doesn't have a tag on it or the worse, the customer likes to chat!!!!

Lowes doesn't have the auto check out and if I have a choice, I always go to Lowes before Home Depot.

Eddie

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #7  
EddieWalker said:
I've had good luck with the auto check outs at Home Depot and Walmart. I find I can get out faster using it. Even when I have a problem, there's always been somebody right there to take over and fix it.

The registers with a human cashier seem to be allot slower due to people checking out with problems. They are writing a check, the item doesn't have a tag on it or the worse, the customer likes to chat!!!!

Lowes doesn't have the auto check out and if I have a choice, I always go to Lowes before Home Depot.

Eddie

I'm in the Lowes camp now too, but.........

All the Lowes and all the Home Depot stores here have U-Scan-it check out. With Home Depot, it fits in well with their "No help anyway" store policy. A robber wouldn't stand a chance at Home Depot. THEY COULDN'T FIND ANYONE TO POINT THE GUN AT!

I went in Lowes today, checkbook in hand, planning on leaving with 2 new storm doors. An hour later, I went home WITHOUT the doors, and without any clue as to why no one would wait on me. There was plenty of help, just that they were all busy.....taking breaks.

I'm going out to the kitchen and opening up the fridge. Gonna look at the milk carton and see if CUSTOMER SERVICE is on it, 'cause it's been missing for some time now.

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #8  
customer service at box stores ? Ain't gonna happen. It was good when they ( hd & lowes) 1 st.came to town to get everyones business , now it's gone.I hate to have to go to either store.

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #9  
I hate the self check out machines, there is usually only one real person to be found at a check out and it always has a long line.

So my local HD, after several complaints to the manager, said that HD corporate was pushing the use of teh self checkout but that there is always somebody there to assist a customer. Now people will line up for the checker at the self check out lines and seldom does anyone use the self checkout.

steve

/ HOME DEPOT AUTO CHECKOUT #10  
Yea can't really stand either. the only time i go into lowes is in Medford,OR every now and then when Im building and need cheap doors or windows or whant to oohh and ahh at the amount of "stuff" they pack in their.

There are No BOX hardware store's in Humboldt county although theres talk of putting one in.I really hope they don't. The stores in Humboldt and northern siskiyou are mom and pop have everything you need and plenty of people on the floor that know the products from hands on.Now a days thats a hard thing to find. It would sure be sad to loose that.