generator auto-idle control?

/ generator auto-idle control? #22  
CurlyDave said:
Is that right dave? All or nothing? It would be much cheaper to make a genset that way.

Just for comparison, the inverter-type Honda runs about $2000 for a 2 KW model, and about $1000 for the 1 KW version.

Follow this link to Mayberry's, call them, tell them you saw their ad in QST magazine for $ 879.00 including shipping for EU 2000i

Honda generators - Model EU2000i

Jim

/ generator auto-idle control? #23  
Buckeye_Jim said:

Xlnt price !!! Great little unit. It actually ran my RV A/C unit on the warmest setting and my HF 90A wire feed welder ... neither of which calc'd out :rolleyes:
Very neighbor friendly for camping.

/ generator auto-idle control? #24  
Mayberry's has long been known for fantastic prices on these units in the RV world but they can't advertise their price online per Honda's rules. The 2000 watt unit is fantastic in that you can carry it like a lunchbox in one hand. It is only a 110 volt genset though so it has some limitations. Perfect for the RV crowd and another cool feature is the ability to hook two of them together with a parallel kit and get 4000 watts from the pair. Benefits to the paired setup is the initial cost of 2-2000 watt units compared to a much pricier 4000 watt unit, the ability to leave one turned off or at home if you only need 2000 watts, and the ability to easily carry one genset in each hand.

I was looking at generators last night at Home depot and noticed that prices are way up. The colemans are now using Yamaha and subaru engines though with monster mufflers.